Rhode Island
Options

Help Needed!!

Hello Everyone,

I am newly engaged and from Fall River, MA. I'm planning my wedding two years in advance. If i don't book now then i'm going to wait longer. I have been looking for venues that i can do my ceremony (outdoor) and reception there. It has to be a place that if it rains i can do the ceremony indoors as well. I have called and looked at a lot but everyone is so expensive. My family is from Rhode island and my fiance's family is from Massachusetts.....so i'm looking for somewhere close by for both family.Embarassed I'm trying to keep my budget under $35 per person to eat since we are paying most of our wedding our selves. Im planning on inviting 150. if i go over that number my father said he would pay for the extra people's dinner if it inexpensive. PLEASE HELP THIS BRIDE-TO-BE!!!

Thank you so much!

Re: Help Needed!!

• Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a tough one.
    Although, I would suggest a place where you can bring in your own caterer to have better flexibility on the budget.

Here are my suggestions:

My venue- the towers in narragansett offers an indoor or outdoor space for ceremony.

The Hope Artiste Village

Crystal Lake Golf Course (this is an all inclusive venue that is known for budget friendly weddings) and there is a beautiful outdoor spacce for a ceremony (you can even arrive in a boat)

Venus De Milo

Then next I would consider places such as hotels in Warwick- like hte Radisson or Sheraton that likely have a place inside you can have a ceremony (though perhaps not outside)

Also, are you set on having your ceremony and reception in the same place?
    If not, then I would look into places like Colt State Park for a ceremony- or other parks, lighthouses etc. and then having the reception else where. This may create more options

For example, you can get married at the Point Judith Lighthouse and host a reception at Kinney Bungalow which is inexpensive and bring in a caterer.

I hope this helps. I would first figure out if you want the ceremony all at one place, or if you are willing to travel between sites.
    then next check lower priced reception sites and decide if you want full service or to bring in a caterer.

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    Sarah0335Sarah0335 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you at all willing to cut the guest list down to save money?  I was looking for similar things when i booked my venue.  I found very few places (if any) that were under 50/pp.  All the places that were less expensive meals did have site fees to factor in.

Maybe look into renting a restaurant for the evening?  I would also consider off times like a Friday or Sunday and during the winter months.  Those are all times that prices will be a lot lower.  We booked for a Saturday in june, which could be why i didn't see any prices that low.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could try looking into Independence Harbor. I'm not sure if they offer indoor weddings, but you could ask.

There's also McGovern's on the Water in Fall River (http://www.mcgovernsonthewater.com/weddingsbanquets.html), Wannamoisett Country Club (http://wannamoisett.memberstatements.com/tour/tours.cfm?tourid=82200) in North Rumford, and Alpine Country Club in Cranston (https://alpinecountryclubri.memberstatements.com/tour/tours.cfm?tourid=52451). All three tend to be reasonably priced as far as food is concerned, from what I have heard (the latter two list their menus directly on their website).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies.

My fiance and i have decided that we were are going to have our ceremony and reception at McGovern's on the water. THEY DO EVERYTHING! and the price was definitely reasonable.

Thanks again for the suggestions and Congratulations on your up coming weddings or your new marriage. Best of wishes to all of you!
  • Options
    Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to say Wannamoissett CC.  Cranston CC is also very inexpensive. 
    The biggest thing that you'll find when looking at pricing is what the price actually includes.  $50pp isn't at all unreasonable for dinner, but $50pp for dinner, hors d'eouvres, and 1 hour open bar is going to be tricky.  Make sure you know what you want for your $50. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards