Rhode Island

A few 10-10-10 vendors I forgot :)

Hello again, 
I realized I never included anything about our attire! 

My dress
David's Bridal, Warwick: C+
My overall experience with them wasn't terrible, unlike some stories I've heard, but I'm pretty sure they railroaded me into buying off the rack by telling me they couldn't order in time, because after I bought (which was, admittedly, later than I probably should have), other girls on my month board had no problem ordering theirs from DB. It was a size smaller than I'd have liked, but I lost 18 pounds and it was actually a little loose on me that day! Also, they quoted me more than $300 for alterations on a $500 dress, which was ridiculous. It only needed a bustle, which I got at ...

Sewing Creations by Rose, East Greenwich: A+
Rose is the sweetest woman ever and I highly recommend her. I got a French bustle and a steam/press for a fraction of what DB wanted to charge. The bustle ribbons stayed tight all night but, unfortunately, my dress was chiffon so instead of the bustle breaking when someone stepped on my dress, the stitching just ripped a hole in the chiffon. It was toast by the end of the night and my train was dragging, but I didn't really care by then. Just something to keep in mind if you have a chiffon dress.

Veil
Occansey Designs - www.obridal.com: A+
I LOVED my veil. I loved it so much, I never took it off and I had thought I'd want to ditch it as soon as the pictures were over. I didn't want to pay a ton for a piece of tulle attached to a comb, and a bride on my month board recommended Occansey and was kind enough to send me the sample that she had purchased of all of the colors. You pick everything about your veil, so I chose a centergathered one, which isn't as poofy on top, in ivory. It was two layers, with pencil edge and the front was shoulder length and the back was elbow length. I think it came to about $60 and I ordered it on a Thursday and it came on Monday. Check them out! I was nervous about ordering without trying on and it's a little overwhelming at first, but just look through all the galleries to see what you like and they list the specifications for each veil you see.

His suit
Syms, Norwood, Mass.: A+
We decided on a navy suit instead of renting a tux and we went to Men's Warehouse, where we found a decent one for $519. As I mentioned in my last reviews, we were on a budget and I felt kind of badly that I wasn't keen on paying that for a suit when I spent that on a dress I'd never wear again. But I suggested Syms because we'd had luck there for him when they had the Cranston location. Unfortunately, that one closed a while back so we drove about 45 minutes to Norwood - and saved $300! We found a beautiful (I mean, manly and handsome! I always call things pretty and he laughs at me) navy Ralph Lauren suit that fit him almost perfectly for $219. Totally worth the drive. And now he has a suit he'll wear again.

His alterations
Elite Tailors, Warwick Avenue, Warwick: A+
I include this because we had no idea where to take the suit, so I asked a friend at work who had recently lost a bunch of weight where she took her pants! The hemmed the pants, took the sleeves up a tad and the seat of the pants were a little baggy, so they took those in. Cost $40 (guys have all the luck!). Brought it on a Monday and we could pick up on that Friday.

His tie
The Tie Bar, www.thetiebar.com: A+
Found a tie in the perfect cognac color (our colors were navy and copper) and it was great quality for $15. They have a flat shipping rate of $5.99 so I ordered a couple more for him to wear to work. Very good quality and super fast shipping. I had them in my hands like two days later.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards