Rhode Island
Options

Booked my venue! Suggestions for bands and photographers?

Booked my summer 2011 wedding...now I need some recommendations

on bands and photographers.  Its going to be a fun dancing group, therefore looking for fun cureent music, of course a couple of oldies.  There will not be that many older aged people there.  Looking for a real good time!  Any insight will be great.  I love the photojournalistic approach for photography.  Thanks!

Re: Booked my venue! Suggestions for bands and photographers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What's your venue? Our band is After party and photographer is Cregg Annarino, and so far we like them both.
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twnkltoe33twnkltoe33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Atlantic Beach Club!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Rare Form for our band and Scott Zuehlke for our photographer.  Both vendors fit what you are looking for!
  • Options
    jmorta04jmorta04 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Victor from Party Time for my music and Scott Zuehlke for my photos.  Victor will absolutely keep the party going and Scott is very laid back and takes amazing pictures.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Nancy Paolino and the Black Tie Band and Olivia Gird. Congrats on booking the venue!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GQ & The Lady!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's my venue too!!!  Awesome pick!

We have Mike Mancini for DJ - awesome awesome - got great reviews for him on here and from the ABC.

Photography - Sabrina Scolari - she is soooo much fun and manages to capture so much I am forever impressed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Melissa Robotti and LOVED our pics.  She's really nice and down to earth too, which was nice and relaxing the day-of.

We used a DJ so no band recs.
  • Options
    xtinagraphicsxtinagraphics member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    abridesday.com for photographers! Manny is great to work with.
  • Options
    kathanddavekathanddave member
    edited December 2011

Cover to Cover for band, contact Frank Russo he is awesome and Kate Whitney Lucey for photographer, she is fabulous!

• Options
    Vcole7002Vcole7002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've looked at photographers extensively. I like Cregg Annarino, Faith Dugan, Carrie Rodman and Peter Silvia (has this story telling philosophy). A friend of mine's cousin used Cregg and loved him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  That's very exciting!

We're using Arpeggio for our DJ and our photog is Paula Larimer
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i highly recommend Kahootz for a live band if that's something you're considering! they are boston based but travel to ri (i dont think there's a travel fee). we are using them in august and they are amazing! i know at least 3 others who have used them and had a great experience.

we're using zenobia for photographer and i love them so far. very quick to respond and knowledgeable. I also met with melissa robbotti and really liked her too. i'd recommend them both (although i have not used them yet).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're also going with a DJ instead of a band: Sound Force Unlimited... Alfredo is a fantastic guy and great entertainer.
    We are using Portrait New England for our photography- awesome couple, artistic photojournalists, I'm very excited to have found them.
  • Options
    hollygb22hollygb22 member
    edited December 2011
    we didn't budget for a band...and went with a DJ

but we LOVED our photographer. We used Melissa Robotti. She was hands down our best vendor.

I just put together a mypublisher album last night and love looking at all our pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i second xtina! abridesday.com for photographers. Manny is amazing
  • Options
    McManusKAMcManusKA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using cover to cover as our band. I absolutely love them! We have a group that is going to be dancing like crazy and you can tell they will be fantastic at reading the crowd. We are using Susan from Options photography and I can not say enough AMAZING things about her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

No question Cover to Cover!!! They are one of the best bands we have ever seen. My fiance' and I saw them at the Eleven Forty Nine restaurant in warwick last summer and took my entire family back there the next night. They were spectacular. Before we hired them my mother-in-law (who is paying for the band) insisted we had to see them perform at a wedding. We were able to observe them playing at a wedding at the Biltmore a couple of weeks later and they were just as good if not better at the wedding! We hired them the next day. Also, i want to mention that Frankie is the band leader and such a nice guy. I can't say enough how great they are!
    http://covertocoverband.com/

Sara Zarella is our photographer and her work is amazing. She is also very nice to work with and came highly recommended by friends of mine who had her at their wedding.  www.sarazarrella.com/">http://www.sarazarrella.com/

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards