Rhode Island

Table Numbers

Hi ladies!

I am having a bit of a creative block on table numbers and wondering if anyone has any creative suggestions? Is anyone doing anything creative that they could share? I've thought of a few things but nothing I love yet... my creativity is at a low this week :(
?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?

Re: Table Numbers

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what you mean by creative... My husband and I chose to have a musical theme at our wedding because music has been such a big part of our relationship. Instead of just table numbers we had each table dedicated to our favorite musicians- so friends and family found themselves sitting at the Frank Sinatra table or the Alicia Keys table, etc. The tables each had small print outs of our favorite song by that particular artist, as in the lyrics were typed out like a poem in a nice font and then framed with the artist's name in Bold at the top (as the table marking, rather than number).
    If you had a theme for the wedding or any particular details you wanted to include it might help the girls give you better suggestions. I like the idea of giving friends and family pieces of information about you two as a couple that they may not have known already. For example, each table could be numbered and marked with a little story of something special you two did as a couple that helped you fall in love or was a pivotal moment somehow. Having little stories like this on each table actually helps the crowd to mingle too as they may be curious about the stories on other people's tables as well.
    Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I went back and forth between a few things but have finally decided my table numbers would each be a small scrapbook style page of our engagement photos to encorporate our love of photography and my scrapbooking.  Our theme is "picture perfect"  so I printed one engagement photo for each table and I bought an 8.5 x 8.5 album.  I am decoratiting each page with little scrapbook embelishemtns and love quotes and sticking the table number on with removable adhesive. After the wedding I will remove the numbers, put each page into the album and we will have a little scrapbook of our engagement photos!  I am going to start working on it this weekend so hopefully I can post photos later...Try to think of your hobbies and incorporate that into the numbers.  Places you like to go, Dave Matthew's songs, your pets, etc.
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about luminaries? They add lighting and decor too. I have seen menus printed on them. I had etsy seller, The papery Nook create them for me using our monogram. However you can definitely DIY too. They are super affordable. 

• jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours are pictures of our dog that will be framed on each table.  Not sure if that is creative, but it's very "us".
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing the number 2 for every table number. Written out in different languages, like in Portuguese, Irish, German (our heritages) and probably save the numeric version for the head table. It works for us because we're  already married, we had a JP ceremony before Drew deployed almost 2 years ago, since then we affectionately refer to this celebratory wedding as part 2.
     Maybe you could do something similar like with the word love or even just use romantic words instead of table numbers.
  • edited December 2011
    We both went to URI for undergrad and grad school, we met each other there and so many of our close friends, so we used names of buildings or places on campus that were meaningful to us or our relationship. 

We also considered places in New England that were meaningful to us or names of beaches in RI since we had a beach theme.
  • edited December 2011
    @Jdolce - that's so cute! we met at URI too and we just had engagement pics done there...we've got Tyler Hall, Washburn and some others in our pics...maybe we can use photos for table numbers...

I love RoyalOrient's idea too - I may go with cost effective luminaries :-) Crowne provides votives for us too.

This is a great thread! 31.5 days left for me..I've got to get going on these little details!
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^ Definitely cost effective. I am using flameless battery tea lights and votives for the luminaries which I will resell after the wedding so it is worth the investment. If you decide to use your photos for table numbers, they can be printed on the luminaries. 

Oh btw twin I just saw this super sweet deal Long stem tea light holders for  $48 for 48 pieces online at Dollar Tree

• chantz2387chantz2387 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using luminaries too! We got them from etsy also and they go with our beach theme. Plus we got engaged at the local lighthouse, so they are also meaningful. I think they also give nice ambiance and are pretty! The give a soft glow!

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the special places to us, vacations we've been on, places in RI etc. We bought black two sided frames at Michaels ($5.99, on sale even less) one side will be a picture of us at that place. The other side will be "Chair #6" And a little story about how we got engaged on the beach chair #6. So besides the frame, we paid 0.20 for prints.

I love the idea of "Love" in a bunch of different languages!
    Anniversary
  • LizAloiLizAloi member
    First Comment
    I'm thinking of ordering these.  Were they hard to read on the tables?  Our tables are large - 10 people and the rest of our centerpieces are also candles.

Liz

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_table-numbers-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:cdba96e6-b465-4c59-bd0d-1da8eb8afb26Post:4f855e11-9b2b-4e81-9408-af160db752d9">Re: Table Numbers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went back and forth between a few things but have finally decided my table numbers would each be a small scrapbook style page of our engagement photos to encorporate our love of photography and my scrapbooking.  Our theme is "picture perfect"  so I printed one engagement photo for each table and I bought an 8.5 x 8.5 album.  I am decoratiting each page with little scrapbook embelishemtns and love quotes and sticking the table number on with removable adhesive. After the wedding I will remove the numbers, put each page into the album and we will have a little scrapbook of our engagement photos!  I am going to start working on it this weekend so hopefully I can post photos later...Try to think of your hobbies and incorporate that into the numbers.  Places you like to go, Dave Matthew's songs, your pets, etc.
    Posted by birdy7797[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards