Rhode Island

Room Blocks?

If almost all of your guests are "local", should you still offer hotel rooms?  We are getting married at Glen Manor in Portsmouth, RI.  Almost everyone we are inviting will be coming from RI or SE Mass.  Is it bad to assume people will be just heading back to their homes after the reception (it ends at 11:00PM)?  Or should we do a room block in case guests want to stay "on the island"?
Paul & Nicole 7.27.2013 Glen Manor Portsmouth, RI

Re: Room Blocks?

• Room blocks don't cost you anything, so I would make this available to your guests.
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • agree with the previous person - we have "local" guests for example, they live in westerly and our reception is in middletown. they are using hotels that we have blocked off simply because at 11-1130 at night they don't want to drive the hour home - esp after drinking, etc.
  • We are doing room blocks also, for out of state and out of town and local guests. I want them to have the option if they dont want to drive home late at night.
    Proud 36yr old Mama of 3, expecting #4 - 8yrs after #3 :)BabyFetus Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you block someplace like Quality Inn there's no charge or hassle for you, so it's a nice gesture to offer it to your guests. It says that you really want them to come and enjoy themselves as much as possible.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Just a heads up--I had to pay $50 to do a block at Comfort Inn at Atlantic Beach--but nothing for Newport Beach Hotel and Suites

• We are doing Hotel Blocks and everyone coming to the wedding are all local.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I paid 50 for the room blocks at comfort and quality too - my other hotels didn't charge me - courtyard marriott or residence inn. jandrea - did you get an actual room block with newport beach hotel and suites? across from ABC? all they said they could do for me was a "wedding registry" for the purposes of OOT bags. I didn't get a discounted rate or guaranteed rooms. and the rooms are pretty pricey.
  • URI Sweethearts--I did get a room block from them.  I also got the wedding registry.  I am having my reception there so maybe that is why.  I had to beg to get a block of 10 rooms to start with (they usually do them in increments of 5).  We also have a lot of people using their suites becuase the two bedroom suites are cheaper then doing rooms.  We did get a discounted rate.  Rachelle was really helpful.  We are also getting married in November so that might be why.  Good luck!
  • jandrea - it must be because you are having your reception there. we are going a post wedding brunch there and FI and I are staying there the night of the wedding - but all those plans were finalized after we did the registry. they were really strict about no discount and guaranteed rooms. Rachelle was helpful. I doubt anyone booked there - but I guess we will find out when we get the invites back  -we are including a space for ppl to tell us where they are staying. i am excited to stay there with FI (our wedding in September) the rooms are nice! they better be worth the $400 something we are paying! :)
  • URIsweethearts...maybe that is it. We are staying there Friday- Monday for our November wedding. We got a suite for $179/night. The rooms look gorgeous.and it is 5 minutes from my parents house. Rachelle told us that November was the beginning of off season...so that might of helped.
  • Hello Jdandrea! I am curious to learn more about the Newport Beach Hotel & Suites. I sent you a PM...thank you! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards