Rhode Island
Options

Cutting costs with caterer

I think I have come to the realization that it will be impossible to cut costs with the food and alcohol.  Our wedding is in Newport in 2014 and we are looking at inviting 150 guests.  I think I am up to 27 caterers that I/we have contacted and haven't found anything under $10,000.

Not to be nosy but for those who did catering, what did you all spend and who did you go with?  I was praying we could find someone that was well liked, elegant looking and came in at under $10,000.  Easier said than done!! ha ha

Thank you all for helping some groom problems :) !

Re: Cutting costs with caterer

• Options
    Our reception is at the Easton Beach Rotunda Ballroom...forgot to add that part :D
  • Options
    Have you tried Tom's Market, Clement's Market or other boutique grocery stores that offer catering service?  
  • Options
    I am still meeting with caterers, but our favorite so far is The Catering Gourmet in Warwick.

I met with Barry, and he was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. For around 100 people, we were given an estimate of $5,500. This met our $25 per person limit, and included rentals and the staff costs.

My wedding is also at the Easton's Beach Rotunda, for June 2013 :) Good luck!
  • Options
    We are using Glorious Affairs.  Cash bar except for signature cocktail.  3 passed, 1 stationary, 3 meal options, sundae bar, cake, dessert (not cake)...around $8k.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Using blackstone for 125 guests for 8K. Our venue allows us to bring our own alcohol and the caterer provides the bartender.  We are going to do open beer, wine and 2 signature drinks.  THe booze is 1K.  So 9K over all...not much lower than 10k sorry :(
  • Options
    Have you contacted West Bay Gourmet? They catered our rehearsal dinner - food was amazing and KC was super organized. Definitely give them a call if you haven't already.
  • Options
    Thank you for your help! If anyone else has a caterer, I would greatly appreciate it.  I will definitely re-reach :) out to all these caterers to see if they can sharpen their pencil a little bit.  I figure it is like buying a house or a car...the first price they give you can likely be worked around.
  • Options
    Try the Westporter. She's out of Westport, MA, but travels all over. The food and service is AMAZING!! She has a little restaurant, too, but primarily does catering.
    Also call Charlene - she is an independent person that does nice work and good food pretty cheaply. She did our morning-after brunch. Her number is 401-464-1276. I believe she has staff on an "on call" basis. Might be worth looking in to.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    Planning wedding in September and looking for venues that allow for own liquor to be brought for about 150 guests in Providence and sorrounding areas. Packages for open bar are very expensive and looking to save on this item. All suggestions welcome.
    thanks
    .Linda
  • Options
    We are getting married next month and we are using Easy Entertaining. For 125 people we are at 9,800. That does not include the bar. I looked around at a lot of caterers too, but I decided on them because they are a farmtotable caterer. Good luck in your search!
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards