Rhode Island

Mini moon in the North East?

We decided to wait a year after we get married to do the big honey moon.  We did decide to do a smaller mini moon somewhere close to RI.  We have done the Cape, Jersey Shore, and have been to Boston a bunch of times.  I am looking to go somewhere we have never been to before.  Open to any and every suggestion!  Thanks

Oh, and it can also be slightly outside the NE...

Re: Mini moon in the North East?

• Lots of folks do that, it's a great idea! I would like to recommend my fav spot in the world, Rabbit Hill Inn. It's in VT (straight shot up Route 93). I've been going there every year since I was 13 with my folks for Thanksgiving (no family in the area, so why not!). Then when I met my now husband, I started taking him there every year. It's spacious, adorable, very comfy, quiet... great place to recharge the batteries! There's trails to hike nearby, a brewery close, a quaint little town with shops, and Cabot cheese and Ben and Jerry's close as well. Lots to do! But my fav pass time there is to curl up on their couch and either do a puzzle or read. It's so relaxing. You MUST eat dinner there at least once. The food is AMAZING. I cannot recommend them enough: http://www.rabbithillinn.com/
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • We are doing Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. It is about 5 hours north of Boston in Maine and it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. They have beautiful little B&Bs and lots of shopping and hiking.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_mini-moon-in-the-north-east?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:d37c8154-31ae-49ff-8e73-b44b760fd38ePost:3338b7a5-f9b6-4bc4-a0a6-935d347608c3">Re: Mini moon in the North East?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. It is about 5 hours north of Boston in Maine and it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. They have beautiful little B&Bs and lots of shopping and hiking.
    Posted by CherandAl[/QUOTE]

I would have to 2nd Bar Harbor, I went there for FI's birthday a few years back, we went for a long weekend and it was wonderful!  We hiked Acadia Nat'l Park, went to a brewery, kayaked, caught a comedy show (Bob Marley - my favorite!!) and ate out.  It was pretty wonderful, beautiful views and a really relaxing time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dberrett- That's funny you mentioned Rabbit Hill Inn, that's one of our stops on our HM!! I have never been there before and I am so excited! The first place we are going is the Mountain Top Inn in Chittiden, VT, then we're heading to North Conway.

Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • What about Block Island? 

We are doing a few smaller "mini moons" and opted to go to Block Island immediately following.  I have heard rave reviews about how relaxing and quaint it it..... perfect for immediately following the wedding!
  • SoSteadilyGo - OMG you're going to LOVE it there!!! Definitely plan on eating dinner there all the nights you can. It's really worth the money. The food and service are spectacular!! Plus there aren't many other options in the area LOL. It's like my second home. Say hi to Reese, the Inn kitty, for me. She's a love. You must try a Stave Puzzle whilest there. They leave them out on the tables in the general sitting area/pub. They're wicked hard but fun! They're made in VT which is cool. What room are you staying in? It's my life's goal to stay in all of them :-) When are you going?
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Portland, ME and Old Orchard Beach or Burlington, VT not sure what season you're planning, but both would be great in summer/fall.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you all for the great suggestions, I will defnitely do more research on all of the places mentioned!

• I know someone already mentioned this but North Conway, NH it is relaxing and there is a ton of stuff you can do. The last time my FI went up there we went Zip Lining it was awesome! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are doing a mini-honeymoon for a few days after the wedding in Nantucket. I really wanted to go somewhere neither of us had been for a "normal" honeymoon and Nantucket fit that description. We figured we love anything quintessential New England and love Martha's Vineyard so we're hoping Nantucket fits the bill. Because we're not traveling by plane anywhere after the wedding, we decided to stay somewhere nicer. We're staying at The White Elephant and because we're just before the season starts, we got great rates.

I can also suggest Block Island - love it there and it's really secluded, beautiful, and fun. Also, we went to Bar Harbor, ME right after we got engaged and I can't wait to go back there. There are a ton of bed and breakfasts, lots of things to do from shopping, eating, hiking, etc.

Hope that helps!
  • I third block island it's my favorite spot. Or what about the vineyard. York Maine is also great
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards