Rhode Island

Whispering Pines

Hey Ladies,
Has anyone gotten married or had a reception at Whispering Pines in West Greenwich RI? I really like the venue, and my SIL emailed them last week to see about their prices but we havent heard back yet. I am just curious if anyone knows any details or can tell me how they liked having their wedding there?!
Thanks!

Re: Whispering Pines

• chantz2387chantz2387 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my good friends got married there last August. She said she had a good experience with it and loved them. She got married out on the deck and had the reception in the attached room, and then dancing back out on the deck (they removed the chairs from the ceremony). I'm not sure about pricing but she said it was one of the better deals. It was a beautiful wedding! We also got to use the fire pit after the wedding to roast marshmallows which was an awesome ending!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Everything seems to be included and that is a big plus for me. Its good to hear that someone loved their wedding there! :)
  • AmyRIAmyRI member
    edited December 2011
    I looked into having our wedding there, but it wasn't a great price for a small wedding. They have a pretty big rental fee, but you get the ENTIRE grounds for that, cabins and all. They're all twin beds, but most of your guests would be able to stay there. What you can do is have your guests pay for their rooms for the night (through Whispering Pines, so they don't have to pay you) and that goes towards the rental fee. They do have a campfire at the end of the night with smores and stuff. You have to use their catering service, and it wasn't really cheap per plate, but it definitely wasn't super high pricing either. I think when we looked less than 2 years ago, it was around $70 per person.
    The guy took a while to get back to me, but he had a lot of details when he did call.
    It sounded like a really fun place to have a wedding, it just was out of our budget.
    Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, it is 69$pp and they have a 90 guest min. Our guest list is 70 so we are having trouble finding a nice venue that is within our budget. I want something that includes catering, and linens/tables/chairs would be nice.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Rhode on the Pawtuxet.  They do have a 100 person min I believe, but they are  package deal and they have the catering and such that you are looking for.  You can remove things from the package in order to drop the price per person.  They are really great to work with. :)
    i looked at the Whispering pines and although it was a great atmosphere and so pretty and looked like a fun place, it was a lot of money for our budget. 
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • AmyRIAmyRI member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_whispering-pines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:d88aa4ba-6e2d-41f4-aa0d-766db3296ee1Post:fed4b8bf-460e-433d-a780-9dba20278bf2">Re: Whispering Pines</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, it is 69$pp and they have a 90 guest min. Our guest list is 70 so we are having trouble finding a nice venue that is within our budget. I want something that includes catering, and linens/tables/chairs would be nice.
    Posted by BellaMayhem[/QUOTE]

Definitely check out Alpine Country Club and tell them you're interested in the Grille room. Their costs include caterining, white linens, tables and chairs. Their minimum is really reasonable, they have a Maitre'd who is AMAZING and handles every detail the day of. They were by far the best deal I found for a small wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice ladies! I will look into those!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Whispering Pines this May, as far as a 90 person min. Unless it has changed it was not the case when I met with them last June.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards