Rhode Island

ABC Clambake

My FMIL just booked the Atlantic Beach Club for our rehearsal dinner. Has anyone else had theirs there? How was the food? Ambience, etc? We want ours in the tent outside. Also, I am a NYer- what the heck is a bake bag? Is the hot dog, potato, lobster, etc cooked all in a bag? Do you get served a hot dog without a bun? Is it weird? Haha, thanks in advance

Re: ABC Clambake

• edited December 2011
    hi there, we had our rehearsal dinner at the ABC and did a clambake outside. we were very happy with everything. since our wedding was pretty formal, we wanted something casual and laid back. the food was great and the ABC was very easy to deal with. one of my bridesmaids also put together a slide show and they had the entire set up minus the plugs and laptop (we brought those) ready for us. the service was great and we had a beautiful night. 

the clambake was a HUGE portion of food; most people couldnt finish! lobster, steamers and a bunch of other stuff. there could have been a hot dog somewhere in there but i dont remember that. it was great!
  • SperedithSperedith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother did a "reception" clambake there several years ago and the food was delicious.  He had it in the tent outside and everyone had a good time.  I don't remember a hot dog in there either! My other brother had his rehearsal dinner there but in the private room.  It was also well handled and delicious.  We will be sending my FMIL there to possibly have our rehearsal dinner.  I say good choice!
  • edited December 2011
    We just booked our rehearsal dinner there and are doing the clambake in the tent out on the deck.  There is no hot dog in the bag, but there are two types of sausage - italian and chorizo (traditional Portuguese sausage).  We've heard the food is great!  Either way, it's right on the water and has a great ambiance.  Should be fun and relaxed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards