Rhode Island
Options

DIY Flowers

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get wholesale flowers, take a flower arranging class, etc? I'm finding that bouquets for myself and the bridesmaids, plus center pieces for every table, and minimal decor for the venue would be very expensive! I would greatly appreciate any feedback from brides who are thinking the same or have done their own flowers for their wedding. Did you decide it's better to pay a florist, an if so, can you recommend any reasonable ones in RI? Thanks!!!

Re: DIY Flowers

• Options
    I'm planning on ordering wholesale from Sam's. They will deliver, but I know there isn't one in RI anymore. I'm working on figuring out if they'll still deliver if you're a member. If you're not a member, wholesale flower + the cost of membership for a year is still probably less than a florist.
  • Options
    That's a great idea!
  • Options
    You could try Robin Hollow's Farm, they specialize in cut flowers and they located locally in R.I http://www.robinhollowfarm.com/Welcome.html

I would also inquire with Whole Foods in Providence (on Main Street) since they deliver. They get quality flowers with a large variety and sell them in bulk too. They are pretty affordable for wedding flowers but they also work with brides who DIY wedding flowers too. 

G.L
  • Options
    I seriously considered DIY flowers but ultimately decided against it. Your flowers will be photographed so much during the day it's a lot of pressure to make them look perfect. Also, the last thing I want to do the night before my wedding is try to make bouquets and centerpieces for tomorrow. For me, it was well worth the added cost to have a professional do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards