Rhode Island
Options

Bittersweet Farms

Hi everyone, I have been looking at the BSF menu online, and saw they have a 6,000 dollar minimum for Friday and Saturday night private parties in their main room. I know they usually host weddings on the smaller side, about 100 to 120 people, is this minimum reasonable compared to other venues, or does this seem a little high? I know their room rental is a lot lower than others, which might make up for it. Thanks in advance for your help!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Bittersweet Farms

• Options
    Is the minimum a total when taking in to account the bar, apps, and dinner?  If so, I think you'll hit $6000 without a problem.  If it's just dinner than you're talking about $60 per plate.  Also, does it include staffing?  I would find out exactly what can be put into the $6,000 minimum.  Our catering  estimate is for 130 people, 4-5 tray passed apps and 3 stations, and totals close to $12,000.   

Good luck on your venue search! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our venue has a $6,000 minimum on Saturday nights in the fall.  We are having our wedding in November just so we don't have to meet a $9,000 minimum which they
    have in the summer.

We are having 100-125 guests and we will hit $6,000 easy with two stationary hords
    and 4 passed, dinner and ice cream served with our cake.   I think that is very reasonable.

We were going to go with a Venue in North Darmouth and we had chosen Bittersweet Farm as our rehersal dinner site.  The food there is wonderful.   And the manager
    we dealt with was great.  We have sinced moved our venue and it's no where
    near Bittersweet so we will have to look for another site for our rehersal dinner sadly.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

It's very reasonable for the area and if your having 100 to 125 people you will hit that number no problem.  Most places have a minimum around that number.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards