Rhode Island
Options

Buying Make-up?? PLEASE HELP!

I would like to purchase my own make-up for my wedding.  My plan is to do my own foundation, and then have my hairdresser help with my eye make-up. 

Does anyone know of someone that works at a make-up counter somewhere that would be good to purchase make-up from?  I typically buy Clinique, but want to slurge and buy the best stuff for the wedding.

Thank you!!

Re: Buying Make-up?? PLEASE HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Sephora a couple of months ago and worked with a man there named John.  He was great, spent a lot of time with me and had some beautiful 'looks' that I tried on.

I purchased Dior Airflash foundation.  I LOVE this stuff, it covers like a liquid, feels light like a powder and lasts soooooo long.  I spray it on a large brush, then smooth onto my face as you would with a powder....this allows a smoother look, without using as much product.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My advice is to meet with a make up artist and have them give you a lesson in wedding day beauty. They can help you achieve your bridal look. Normally the lesson includes a fee that can be applied towards make up products. Wedding make up is made for digital photography so it is important that you apply the proper techniques and use the right products - like bare mineral make up does not look great in pictures. You can find a make up artist at Sephora or Nordstrom. I recommend the make up artists at Facing Thayer, Sara Faella and Jennie Kay of Jennie Kay Beauty. 

Chantelcutie, I am glad you love the Dior Airflash - I am a HUGE fan of air brush make up but wasn't crazy about Temptu's foundation so I am glad to hear there is a great alternative.
  • Options
    DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love Dior Airflash!
    Very light, lasts long and much more natural than sprayed airbrush makeup.
    Jan Simone, Makeup Artist uses it for brides.
    Purchased mine at Macys in Warwick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards