• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Rhode Island

June Wedding Reviews Part III

Just a few more...

Tuxes: Wilsons of Wickford D

We choose Wilsons to rent our tuxes as my husband has been in a few weddings recently and he was unhappy with the quality of the rentals from Mens Wear House and another one in Warwick (i cant remember the name) because some of the tuxes had holes and missing buttons. Unfortunately we did not have any better luck with Wilsons. We were shocked to find out that Wilsons did not have their own tuxes and that they merely rented them from a company in Pawtucket. We voiced our concern that we came there because we expected a high quality product since we were not happy with the quality of other stores. They assured us that the tuxes they rented were of a higher quality. We had to go with black vests and ties since they did not have anything that matched my bridesmaid dresses. When the tuxes arrived 5 of the 6 tuxes did not fit the guys and we had to have them altered. I dont understand how they could have been wrong when the guys were measured for the tuxes. I dont know if they sent the measurements in wrong or if they just didnt know how to measure for a tux since they are new at renting tuxes. They also ordered all the jackets a size too big for all the guys so they looked really baggy in the arms. We ended have a lot of unusable pictures from our wedding because the guys looked sloppy with their oversized suit jackets. I wish we had bought suits instead of renting tuxes.

Table Numbers: Newport Vineyards A-

We ordered custom wine bottles to use as our table numbers and they were a big hit. They were really great helping us design the labels for the bottles and produced them in about 2 or 3 weeks.

Bridesmaid Dresses: David's Bridal A-

They had a great selection of dresses and the exact color I wanted for my wedding, including dyable shoes to match. They have a lot of dresses in similar styles in the same color and fabric which allowed me to have my bridesmaids pick their own dress as long as they got it in the same color and fabric. My bridal party really appreciated this and they all looked great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards