Rhode Island

Any rants/raves? Lefebvrephoto or Weddingraphi

Hi everyone! Since my school year has ended, I'm moving along on planning.

I'm searching for photographers right now. I'd really like to spend $1500 or less and try to get a photojournalist style.

I've found two potential photographers and I'm wondering if anyone here has worked with either before I email them to schedule appointments, etc. One is Lefebvre Photography. They were recommended by a friend of my FMIL who raved and raved. She had her wedding at the same location we'll be using, so I know they're at least somewhat familiar with our location.

I found a second on Craigslist: Weddingraphi out of Boston. I don't know much about this photographer, other than I really like the photos on the website.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Re: Any rants/raves? Lefebvrephoto or Weddingraphi

• edited December 2011
    We are using LeFebvre, Danielle is the main photographer. She's young 25ish. She's super sweet. Her packages are great and she's easy to work with. She also did our e-pics (which were included in our package) they came out wonderful! We are also using her for our photo lounge....and she's doing my b-pics next month. I've been extremely happy with her. And I like the fact that she is young and starting out. I think that makes her put more care into her work because she's trying to build her business. And she has that young flair.

I would def recommend her! :)
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• edited December 2011
    I don't have personal info on either but I personally like the idea of using a photographer who has photographed your venue in the past. The photographer will have a better idea of where to take the photos to get the best shots. If you haven't done so already I would ask to look through the family friend's wedding photos.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input!

I think we're leaning toward Lefebrve or advertising with local RISD students as we're trying to keep costs down.
  • edited December 2011
    One of my good friends used Danielle at Lefebvre photo.  She had nothing but good things to say about her. 

I had a little more to spend so I decided to go with someone else. But her pictures were beautiful!!

GL

• OhkaylaOhkayla member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Lefebvrephoto! Danielle is fantastic and so sweet! She will work with you on your budget! She accomdated some pricing for us and let us add and remove stuff from her packages! I'd defintely suggest her!
  • edited December 2011
    Ohkayla, it's great to know that she's willing to add and remove from her packages. I'm thinking that since she's worked at our venue and we've now gotten a few good reviews from the boards and our family friend, they might be the best bet for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards