Rhode Island

Reception DJ's

I am having a difficult time finding a dj for my wedding. Is it just me or are all DJ's overweight middle-aged men. I have yet to find a young, talented, energetic DJ who can bring some excitement to my wedding reception. Please let me know if you  know of a great DJ!

Re: Reception DJ's

• edited December 2011
    i don't think you've met victor yet! haha

http://www.victorfrompartytime.com

he's our DJ, we clicked instantly.
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_reception-djs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:ffc659e6-07be-4dff-b3a6-60a0cf7241fcPost:b7968c04-63b3-4225-9215-bd9f2559eae7">Re: Reception DJ's</a>:
    [QUOTE]i don't think you've met victor yet! haha <a href="http://www.victorfrompartytime.com" rel='nofollow'>http://www.victorfrompartytime.com</a> he's our DJ, we clicked instantly.
    Posted by DansBride52911[/QUOTE]
    This!  I cannot wait to have him DJ my wedding!
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely Victor!  He is one of my favorite vendors and I cannot wait for him to DJ at my wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    hey guys im trying to get in touch with him about his prices..do any of you know..thanks soo much!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Curtis Knight Entertainment out of Boston.  They paired me up with Greg? Cherone, he was great!  $850 for the whole reception.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'll cast another vote for Victor from Partytime. 

You should also try Bobby from Main Event Weddings: http://www.maineventweddings.  
    Both of these guys have great energy & experience.  And neither of them are overweight or sleezy.  :) 

• wendyk33wendyk33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called him and he wanted 1500. hopefully the prices are a little more reasonable this year
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    Well yes, Dan'sBride is right-- the most energetic person I met with of all my vendors was Victor.

We also met with Bobby at Main Event- also younger and energetic

If your budget doesnt allow for those DJ's Try
    John Bellagama (hes the DJ at the Landing in Newport)
    Or Music Machine DJs (http://www.musicmachineridj.com/)
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    Let me also say this....you've received some great recommendations for DJs and I know what you mean about wanting a certain brand & persona.  I don't want to make you feel bad or start a war, but just think about this for a second: if a really hot, energetic wedding vendor said, "Is it just me or all these brides lately overweight & frumpy?" how would you feel?  There's a lot of fantastic DJs out there that will work hard for you and bring life to your party, even though they may be packing a little extra weight & aren't spring chickens anymore.  :)  
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_reception-djs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:ffc659e6-07be-4dff-b3a6-60a0cf7241fcPost:ae743445-9201-4293-a64b-b420386d083a">Re: Reception DJ's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let me also say this....you've received some great recommendations for DJs and I know what you mean about wanting a certain brand & persona.  I don't want to make you feel bad or start a war, but just think about this for a second: if a really hot, energetic wedding vendor said, "Is it just me or all these brides lately overweight & frumpy?" how would you feel?  There's a lot of fantastic DJs out there that will work hard for you and bring life to your party, even though they may be packing a little extra weight & aren't spring chickens anymore.  :)  
    Posted by Island_Bride2011[/QUOTE]

i hope this doesnt start and argument. because i read this and giggled, and then thought "omg imagine if a dj was like "i dont want to dj ur wedding beacuse ur chubby"
  • edited December 2011
    Not intended to start a war, I'm simply stating that a little perspective is good for everyone.  :)
  • jmorta04jmorta04 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_reception-djs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:ffc659e6-07be-4dff-b3a6-60a0cf7241fcPost:6d08da7e-e327-4652-be42-110292a5fade">Re: Reception DJ's</a>:
    [QUOTE]hey guys im trying to get in touch with him about his prices..do any of you know..thanks soo much!
    Posted by smiley143143[/QUOTE]
    this may have changed since we booked him and i can't remember exact prices for a saturday (ours in a sunday) but i think his full planning forms option (you fill out a bunch of online forms and he makes a binder that he studies and brings to your wedding for himself) is $2195 and his no forms option is $1695.  again, those may have changed and my price was different bc we changed the package around a little.<div>
    </div><div>he is def more pricey than other djs but i truly believe he is worth it.</div>
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011

We are paying 100$ more than that.. so I think the prices just went up 100 this year. so 1795 And 2295

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
  • SOEngaged101SOEngaged101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also check out Just Juli (www.justjuli.com)!  She's great...super energetic, fun and knows how to keep a party moving!  (She also always sticks to the do-not-play list...a huge plus!)  If you would like any help finding any vendors please don't hesitate to contact me!

Lauren

www.so-engaged.com
    [email protected]

Lauren Higgins*SO Engaged*www.so-engaged.com*[email protected]*
  • edited December 2011
    We are using George from ce djs in Fall River, we are getting married in Wariwck at Aldrich...He is AWESOME, prices are great as well... :) Worth checking into! Bobby from Main Event is awesome as well..we met with him but he didn't have our date open...
    Leah :)Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kellyc07kellyc07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just met with Jason and Scott from Music Machine.  They were great.  They are younger, very personable, and reasonable.  Give them a call 524-6162 and tell them Kelly referred you from the knot. Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls for all your help!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_reception-djs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:ffc659e6-07be-4dff-b3a6-60a0cf7241fcPost:8f8a6852-f827-46dd-8bc8-04bf0b74dbb1">Re: Reception DJ's</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reception DJ's : this may have changed since we booked him and i can't remember exact prices for a saturday (ours in a sunday) but i think his full planning forms option (you fill out a bunch of online forms and he makes a binder that he studies and brings to your wedding for himself) is $2195 and his no forms option is $1695.  again, those may have changed and my price was different bc we changed the package around a little. he is def more pricey than other djs but i truly believe he is worth it.
    Posted by jmorta04[/QUOTE]

He is really worth it.....I am too a victorfrompartytime bride and he is a great DJ. Yes he is a little pricey, but he is worth every penny. Goodluck.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • PanthergirlazPanthergirlaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had called Victor to meet with him for ours, but he was booked.  He recommended I call Luke from Luke's DJs (who was also recommended by our venue and our quartet for the ceremony).  Victor said that when his sister got married, he had her hire look (she didn't want her family DJing so that they could enjoy her wedding apparently :).

We met with Luke and hired him soon after.
    Married to my best friend since September 4, 2011!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards