South Carolina

Wickliffe House reviews?

I've been looking at the Wickliffe House as a possibility for my wedding and was wondering if anyone has any information on this venue. It almost seems too good to be true because they have so many options and it is very budget friendly. Any advice or reviews? Thanks!

Re: Wickliffe House reviews?

• katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You should try posting this on the Charleston board, and there are also reviews on there of other brides who have used Wickliffe.  It definitely is a great property but it isn't in the historic district, it is across from MUSC hospital complex.  But as long as that doesn't bother you then it's a great place.
  • julierose66julierose66 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I don't know why I have such a hard time figuring this post thing out! I thought I was in the Charleston section and couldn't understand why I there was hardly any information on this venue! Thanks for letting me know!
  • lasalzillasalzil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I could, what is the price on the venue? I can't find it on there website!!
  • nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got married at the Wickliffe House in April of this year and recommend it very, very highly.  At that time it was $3,000 to rent, and another $500 if you wanted to have the ceremony there.  But, that included a lot of things that you have to rent at other venues, like tables and chairs, plus if you have less than 100 people you can rent all of your silverware and glasses for next to nothing. 

The food was fantastic-Mediterra Catering is wonderful.  The cost includes all set up and clean up.  In addition, they coordinate everything for you, including rentals, greeting and handling vendors on the day of, etc.  It is, in my opinion, completely awesome and a great place for a wedding.  It is within a good walk of downtown (about 15 minutes), and the Francis Marion hotel is about a 10 min. walk (our guests mostly stayed there).

edited December 2011
    This is great! Thank you so much for all of this information. I do really think it might be the better of the two venues!
    edited December 2011

I'm having my wedding on a Thursday (i know it's odd, but it really is saving me a fortune!) Wickliffe is $650 on a Thursday.

• nfguthrienfguthrie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was really, really happy that I went w/Wickliffe.  Best of luck whatever you decide, and let me know if you need further info.  Congrats, too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards