Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony ideas?

Hey all, 
I need a little help :-(  My fiance is not for the sand idea and the ceremony is going to be outside in June so I don't think the unity candles will stay lit long enough for me.... Been seeing some stuff about a knot tying ceremony on Pinterest but can't find anything really on it.... 

Any one got any ideas? I'm running out :-/

Re: Ceremony ideas?

• Options
    You can certainly skip the unity ceremony.  Your wedding ceremony is the ultimate symbol of your unity and doesn't require an additional sub-ceremony to seem complete.

Some other variants (you can Google for details):
    - wine box / anniversary letter
    - handfasting
    - braiding
    - mixing your favorite spices instead of sand
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ceremony-ideas-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:7e378320-b2e3-4b73-8fd9-e947181a5702Post:0b98e456-2a74-44e8-8f4e-fdb783635b6e">Re: Ceremony ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can certainly skip the unity ceremony.  <strong>Your wedding ceremony is the ultimate symbol of your unity and doesn't require an additional sub-ceremony to seem complete.</strong>
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]

Exactly you shouldn't do anything unless its completely meaningful to both you and your FI.  If you don't have anything its fine.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    I agree with pps. If you can't find something meaningful to you and your FI, skip it. The ceremony itself is a unity ceremony. You don't have to throw some ingredients in a bowl to display for all eternity for your marriage to be valid.
  • Options
    I wanna do an candle lighting in remeberance to my fiance mother also a candle lughting for our unity what do u think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards