South Carolina
Options

Mary's at Falls Cottage No Contract

Has anyone been married here? Had a reception here or know of anyone who has?  I was just informed that they do not use or have contracts.  This kind of worries me. Any advice?

Re: Mary's at Falls Cottage No Contract

• Options
    kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I am not familiar with this place, I personally would NOT even consider booking a venue or any vendor for that matter that did not offer a contract.  Did they tell you themselves they will not use a contract? Will they make an exception for you?It's one thing to use a family members house or something along those lines without a contract but other than that I would be concered.  Do you really want to spend your whole wedding planning process worrying that something might happen?
  • Options
    peachykeen808peachykeen808 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NO CONTRACT! NO DEAL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with peachy! I changed the color of ONE flower in my bouquet and my florist redid the whole contract. That was a wonderful thing that I could go back and see for sure we were all on the same page. If there's no contract you don't know for sure what you're getting til you show up, and if it's not what you asked for you have no recourse. Don't do it!
  • Options
    emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok this is what is at the bottom of their menus on the website.  It wouldnt be sign or anything though.  i just noticed it.  most vendors i have spoken with ask where we are having or plan to have the wedding and when i say mary's they know where it is and say that they have done service there before.  is what is below enough?Deposits-- In order to reserve your day and time, a $250.00 (non-refundable) deposit is required. The deposit is applied toward your final bill and is non-refundable in the event of cancellation. Guaranteed Number- A guarantee of the actual number of guests attending your function is required 7-days in advance. Your minimum charge will be based on your guarantee. This number may be increased but not decreased within the 7-day period. Your final charge will include any additional guests over your guarantee. Service Charge- For all in-house and full service functions a 25% service charge will be added on all food and beverage. This service charge covers the cost of setup, linens, clean up and gratuity. Off-site Catering- Rental charges will apply for any off-site catering that require tables, chairs, china, flatware, and glassware. Delivery and set up will be quoted on individual basis. Payment - Final payment is required 72 hours prior to the event. Any remaining charges swill be settled at the end of the event. Due to the rising cost of doing business by credit card, payment is requested in the form of check or
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, essentially it looks to me like you are only using their space? Hmmm... I don't know. At the very least get a receipt if you decided to give them the deposit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand your hesitation about not working with a venue that does not do contracts, but Mary's is a very reputable business in Greenville.  If it was make or break for you, I am sure they would put something in writing for you...
  • Options
    emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess so.  They are a restaurant however the wedding and reception would be there and they would be the caterer.  So I guess we are just using the space.  But as far as full service goes...does that differ from venue to venue vendor to vendor?  I just want to be sure they would clear my guests' food, refill drinks, cut the cake etc
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner there but the owner is also a family friend. It was absolutely wonderful. I'm assuming that you know how tiny it is, though. It can only seat 40 people.
  • Options
    MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lived in Greenville for over 10 years and heard great things about Mary's Restaurant.  A friend of mine got married there in January and everything turned out well. Check out her photos at:http://charlestonwedding.com/#/waye/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards