South Carolina
Options

ceremony venues

Ladies, I have more of a modern style and would like to be able to have a civil ceremony outside in Greenville, SC.  I have been searching online for ceremony venues; however, it seems that most of what comes up, aside from hotels, are for the Charleston/Hilton Head area.  Anyone know of some nice outdoor venues I could look at in Greenville? I will be having apprx.  150 guests.
Anniversary

Re: ceremony venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Wyche Pavillion (Larkin's on the River)? If you aren't heart set on outside, you might also try Devereaux's or an art gallery.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes.  Wyche Pavillion at Larkins on the River is really pretty and would be a super cool venue for your ceremony.  AND, you wouldn't have to pay for a tent if it rained.
  • Options
    owingseowingse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some of our options were... table rock state park(its beautiful and half outside), the conservatory, but we ended up with the Gassaway mansion...there awesome! its like a modern castle and they do all the food and flowers there so it makes ur planning cut in half! and there prices are pretty good, my wedding is 200 ppl so it could get pricey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the Wyche Pavilion. I didn't know they did cermonies there... Thanks for all of the great ideas so far!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    shannjeffshannjeff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pretty place
  • Options
    shannjeffshannjeff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats a name not a comment lol
  • Options
    soon2briossoon2brios member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked my wedding with The Wilhite House in Anderson, SC it's not that far off the highway....and I absolutley love it! Lori, the owner, is absolutely wonderful and willing to work with you with ANYTHING! She's fantastic! I absolutely love it! www.wilhitehouse.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also try the Kilgore Lewis House. Pretty place is religious and doesn't allow alcohol (it's owned by the YMCA), so if that's a factor, you can pretty much rule them out. They also don't have a venue for receptions.
  • Options
    owingseowingse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty place does have a venue, its at the camp there on site. BUT they rent out pretty place for like 2 hour time slots and the no alcohal part sucks
  • Options
    EpietruEpietru member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty Place is only a ceremony site. You cannot have a reception there but the view is amazing. Don't really know of many ceremonies with alcohol anyways. Falls park downtown Greenville also works.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards