South Carolina
Options

Beachfront Ceremony and Reception

This is my first post, but I've been looking around this and some of the North Carolina boards occasionally. 

I'm going to have a beach ceremony and want to have some sort of oceanfront venue for the reception.  We will have anywhere from 40 to 80 people.  So far I've looked at Myrtle Beach because I have vacationed there many times, but am finding mostly hotels that just have typical ballrooms.  Ideally I'm looking for some sort of oceanfront restaurant or hotel with a smaller oceanfront room of some sort.  I'm willing to go outside of the Myrtle Beach area.  We are looking at sometime between April and July 2013.

We are not looking for a typical reception, just great food, drinks, and possibly dancing.  Also, I am willing to use some sort of hall or pavilion and catering.  I also really like the idea of a beach house reception, but all of the ones I have found that allow weddings only allow week long stays.

Any suggestions of venues or areas to look at would be great!

Re: Beachfront Ceremony and Reception

• Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I know this is an exciting time for you but it can also be very overwhelming.

I am an Event Planner that can assist you in planning your dream wedding in Myrtle Beach.

Feel free to check out our website and contact us for more information.

We do offer free phone consultations.

Tameka Baptiste
    Certified Wedding & Event Planner
    info@6thSenseEvents.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://myrtlebeach.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_beachfront-ceremony-and-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:123Discussion:19c3051c-6367-4270-8cab-ea7599e4b2edPost:b5b4ce66-25d2-4e8e-a84e-5373f2a45043">Beachfront Ceremony and Reception</a>:

I highly reccommend the Sea Watch Resort. 161 Sea Watch Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC.
    Contact Mary Ann Burke in the sales and catering office  at 843-918-7350. I have attended sevral weddings there and the location is wonderful. The staff does a terrific job.

[QUOTE]This is my first post, but I've been looking around this and some of the North Carolina boards occasionally.  I'm going to have a beach ceremony and want to have some sort of oceanfront venue for the reception.  We will have anywhere from 40 to 80 people.  So far I've looked at Myrtle Beach because I have vacationed there many times, but am finding mostly hotels that just have typical ballrooms.  Ideally I'm looking for some sort of oceanfront restaurant or hotel with a smaller oceanfront room of some sort.  I'm willing to go outside of the Myrtle Beach area.  We are looking at sometime between April and July 2013. We are not looking for a typical reception, just great food, drinks, and possibly dancing.  Also, I am willing to use some sort of hall or pavilion and catering.  I also really like the idea of a beach house reception, but all of the ones I have found that allow weddings only allow week long stays. Any suggestions of venues or areas to look at would be great!
    Posted by danik2[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://hiltonheadisland.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_beachfront-ceremony-and-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:123Discussion:19c3051c-6367-4270-8cab-ea7599e4b2edPost:b5b4ce66-25d2-4e8e-a84e-5373f2a45043">Beachfront Ceremony and Reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is my first post, but I've been looking around this and some of the North Carolina boards occasionally.  I'm going to have a beach ceremony and want to have some sort of oceanfront venue for the reception.  We will have anywhere from 40 to 80 people.  So far I've looked at Myrtle Beach because I have vacationed there many times, but am finding mostly hotels that just have typical ballrooms.  Ideally I'm looking for some sort of oceanfront restaurant or hotel with a smaller oceanfront room of some sort.  I'm willing to go outside of the Myrtle Beach area.  We are looking at sometime between April and July 2013. We are not looking for a typical reception, just great food, drinks, and possibly dancing.  Also, I am willing to use some sort of hall or pavilion and catering.  I also really like the idea of a beach house reception, but all of the ones I have found that allow weddings only allow week long stays. Any suggestions of venues or areas to look at would be great!
    Posted by danik2[/QUOTE]
    Look in Hilton Head, SC.  They have many oceanfront venues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards