South Carolina
Options

Myrtle Beach help :)

Hey!  I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with The Caravelle or The Springmaid Resort or Sea Watch.  I have received packets of info from all of them but wanted some personal reviews from someone who has had a wedding there, planning a wedding there or been to a wedding there.  Would also love to talk with any other girls who are planning a Myrtle Beach wedding!! 

Re: Myrtle Beach help :)

• Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning a Myrtle Beach Wedding.  I have not been to a wedding at the Caravelle, but I did attend a bridal show there and it was nice. They had samples of food and a sample room decorated (reception)  Good luck with your planning.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    acausey6879acausey6879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't been to a wedding at those...but I would recommend the Marriott on 82nd Ave N.... It's more secluded and really nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married in April.  Our wedding was at The Hilton at The Kingston Plantation.  I loved it.  The venue was outside and the reception on the 16th floor of the hotel ocean front and was really nice when the sun went down during the reception.  The staff there is wonderful and the food is AWESOME!!! We are still having people talk about how good the food it.  They do a cost per person which includes any bar that you want.  So you get a really great idea of the final cost well before the day. 

I would say that we looked at Springmaid Resort and all I have to say is RUN!!!! I mean RUN as fast as you can!  We went there for a meeting and it looked like something out of a 1970s really bad movie.  You have to rent chairs and according to the sales staff it is $3.00 per chair if you want the really nice ones it will be $5 or more for those.  There is no rain plan.  If it rains then your wedding is moved inside in your ballroom...already set up for the wedding...meaing you will walk down an aisle made of round top tables.  They banquet set up is totally crazy. If you have a bar you est. how many people you will have and then how much they might drink from the bar.  Then you get a bill at the end of the night and you have to pay that final due so you have no clue until then what the final amount is.  The ball room is also very hard to find. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I got married at The Breakers Resort on June 4th and loved it.  The venue was perfect and the staff was excellent.  Everyone loved the food.  They even boxed up some of the apps for me and H for after the reception and had it waiting in our room.

• Options
    becka1126becka1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! Keep it coming...your personal experiences are the best in helping me make choices!!
  • Options
    vstargal00vstargal00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Becka,  I was married in MB on 05-14-11.  I was going to select the Sea Watch until I went to visit.  It as great vaca destination but didn't appeal to me personally for a wedding.  That was just my opinion.  I selected the Island Vista Resort.  You might want to check it out.  Also, check out sslphotography.com.  Nicole is an amazing photography.  I actually got her name from reading the blogs on here as I was planning my wedding.  If you need anything else let me know.
  • Options
    alovekampalovekamp member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married June 4th at the Island Vista Resort.  It was beautiful but I caution a few words of advice on dealing with MB vendors in general.  If you are going to have a wedding that uses all or most of the resort's wedding decor, you probably won't have much of an issue but I had a vision in mind for my wedding and I wanted the reception hall to look a certain way.  While everything turned out perfect, it was a bit difficult to get people on the phone to ask questions.  I will let you know who I went with just to give you some options.

I used Paul Matthews as my DJ and Officiant:  www.myrtlebeachdjonline.com. He was incredible.  I booked Shan Couglin originally as my officiant but she backed out 2 weeks before the wedding!!!

Justin Matthews, Paul's son was my steel drummer.  The family has a strong work ethic so I was confident that he would do awesome and he did.  His website is www.pansonthesand.com.

My florist also backed out 2 weeks before the wedding!!  Last minute, Flowers on Broadway turned around an awesome set of tropical flowers.

Photographer was Brenda Powalie.  She was so helpful in planning advice as well and I am waiting currently to see my pictures (I will post them so you can search by my other posts or pics soon).

Island Vista - I have mixed feelings about the place.  The venue was awesome.  The coordinator, Sheila was great when I could get ahold of her but she wasn't always the most responsive person.  They did struggle with the idea that i wanted to bring my own decor.  They said they were open to it but couldn't quite grasp the concept.  It all turned out beautifully but was a bit of a struggle.

Hopefully I have given you info you can use.  :) 

-Amanda
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards