South Carolina

How to choose a ceremony location?

I am hoping to have a beach ceremony with about 30-40 guests. I would love to have a small reception at a small restaurant or private estate if possible. I am trying to narrow down my location choices but I don't know much about SC. Which city is the less expensive and has a nice and laid back feel to it. I am trying to avoid rough sand and a very busy area. How do I choose?

Re: How to choose a ceremony location?

• AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Consider Tybee Island. It's VERY laid back. very small. my whole family vacationed there last summer. it's an easy drive from atlanta and is very quaint.
  • AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should add... when booking a tybee house, be sure to google map the address. Some 'beachfront' houses have a road between the home and the beach, and some have a looooooong walkway over a marsh to get to the beach. Google map tells all.
  • edited December 2011
    Just FYI, Tybee is in GA, not SC.
    You might want to look into Huntington Beach Island, SC though- it is a state park and they have a gorgeous beach, light houses, etc;
    Also, Edisto Island is very nice, although there isn't much on it- your vendors would probably have to come from Charleston or HHI or something.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards