Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Special Touch

What special touch are you adding to your ceremony to make it different or stand out from the usual ceremony?

My husband will be singing me down the aisle, but I would like to add a few other elements to the ceremony to make it more special! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Special Touch

• Options
    It's special because it's your wedding ceremony. I mean I am all for bringing in things that are meaningful to you, but don't go over-the-top or stretch to make it "unique." It will be unique because it is YOUR wedding and not anyone else's.

Meaningful touches we added: In my bouquet I carried a religious pendant from my mom that she also carried on her wedding day.

I'm an English teacher and love Shakespeare, so one of the readings was one of my favorite Shakespeare sonnets.

We asked people we loved and that we were close to to do the readings, be a part of our WP, etc. To me, those were meaningful and made it special for us

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    We wrote our ceremony ourselves, so it was special in that we wrote it.
  • Options
    We are doing a wine box ceremony where we make a "capsule" that has wine and a letter we have written to each other about our feelings on getting married and what we hope for in our new life together etc that we can open and read on our 5 year anniversary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're actually having the guys carry the girls bouquets, and then give them to them as they get to the end of the aisle (we don't have a legit aisle, we'll be walking around a statue haha). Also, people will be throwing flower petals at the end, instead of rice or whatnot. 
  • Options
    *We wrote our own ceremony, and had a close friend of ours ordained to marry us
    *We asked H's sister and my 2 SIL's to do the readings, so all of our sisters were the ones doing the readings
    *My mom's youngest brother, my uncle M, was the ring bearer in her wedding. His son, my cousin J, was the ring bearer in my wedding. We used the same pillow that my uncle carried in my mom's wedding. Besides the actual ceremony, this was probably my favorite part, and got me all teary eyed when we realized he'd be carrying the same pillow :)
    *My aunt S, who passed away 14 years ago, gave me a necklace at her wedding when I was 10 or so. I had the heart from the necklace wrapped around my bouquet
    *We did a unity "toast" instead of a candle or sand (we mixed 4 different ingredients to create a cocktail which we called a "toast to love")
    *We exited to a Better Than Ezra song, which was the band we went to see on our first date
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_special-touch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:7f74e2ef-5d23-42ed-a8b6-d3eb41ff5bdaPost:36b3af77-fe9c-465c-84c2-e6c357c54b17">Re: Special Touch</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing a wine box ceremony where we make a "capsule" that has wine and a letter we have written to each other about our feelings on getting married and what we hope for in our new life together etc that we can open and read on our 5 year anniversary.
    Posted by Eyejewel[/QUOTE]

<div>This is such a acute idea! LOVE IT :-)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_special-touch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:7f74e2ef-5d23-42ed-a8b6-d3eb41ff5bdaPost:6e42558a-3ac5-4b44-870d-38cf9bd179df">Re: Special Touch</a>:
    [QUOTE]*We wrote our own ceremony, and had a close friend of ours ordained to marry us *We asked H's sister and my 2 SIL's to do the readings, so all of our sisters were the ones doing the readings *My mom's youngest brother, my uncle M, was the ring bearer in her wedding. His son, my cousin J, was the ring bearer in my wedding. We used the same pillow that my uncle carried in my mom's wedding. Besides the actual ceremony, this was probably my favorite part, and got me all teary eyed when we realized he'd be carrying the same pillow :) *My aunt S, who passed away 14 years ago, gave me a necklace at her wedding when I was 10 or so. I had the heart from the necklace wrapped around my bouquet *We did a unity "toast" instead of a candle or sand (we mixed 4 different ingredients to create a cocktail which we called a "toast to love") *We exited to a Better Than Ezra song, which was the band we went to see on our first date
    Posted by Cackle6[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Wow, I don't see how you made it don the aisle without crying every few seconds, lol All of those added little touches and personalizations were very touching and sweet! 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Before we kiss to become man and wife we are calling our mothers up and getting kisses from them as the officiant says, they would like the last kiss as single people to be from the women who gave them life. We are also doing a "family wedding" because we have a mixed family so we are going to "join to become one family" to make this special for our children also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards