South Carolina
Options

I need advice,help!

I am getting married later this year.My sister is going to be my MOH.The problem is that she hates our mother(with good reason).I have recently been wondering if I should invite my mother to the wedding.I know that if I do,my sister probably won't show up.How do I choose between them?Should I let my sister's feelings be the deciding factor or just invite her anyway and risk not having my sister there?

Re: I need advice,help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not the MOH's job to like everyone at the wedding -- it's her job to support the bride! You do NOT need to choose between them. Explain to her that it's YOUR wedding and while she may not want the mother at HER wedding, she is your MOH and needs to be supportive of you. Tell her that if she can't do that (and behave gracefully at the event!) then you can find someone who will.... that's what I would do anyway. JMO.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Kayleigh. Your wedding day is about YOU. If you want both your mom and sister there, then they should both be there. You shouldn't let one or the other dictate who gets to be included in your once in a lifetime special day.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with PP.. this is YOUR day! you invite whoever you want to be there... Your sister doesn't get to pick.. she needs to support you..that's her role...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Keep us posted on this! I want to know how it plays out -- hopefully stress free for you! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    acausey6879acausey6879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would invite them both and talk to your sister beforehand.  It's YOUR wedding day and you don't want to regret years later that your family wasn't there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards