South Carolina

VENUE! UpstateSC/LowerNC

Hi ladies! This is my first post, I am at a loss trying to find the right ceremony/reception location!  We wanted to have the wedding set for the fall of next year in Sept or Oct. I really want to keep the costs as low as possible, and a venue that allows outside catering is preferable.

The guest list would be small, around 60ish, and we'd like it to be outdoors or in a covered terrace type thing.  I was really drawn to Rumbling Bald Resort in Lake Lure, but they dont allow outside catering. I also really liked the Lodge at Table Rock, and would LOVE Castle Ladyhawke in Asheville if it weren't so expensive!

If you have any suggestoins, let me know!

Re: VENUE! UpstateSC/LowerNC

• jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's Falls Park in Greenville which is beautiful. The downside though is they won't let you do a tent so you *have* to have a backup for rain (plus the lady you have to deal with is a lot on the rude side). There's also Mary's Cottage in downtown Greenville, but I don't know if they let you do an outside caterer or not. Someone had also mentioned somewhere in Cherokee Valley when I was looking for a venue, but I don't remember what it was. And there are a ton of plantation type places that do weddings. Hope that gives you some ideas!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, Falls Park is beautiful! The mandatory plan b is a pain lol. I'm on the website for Falls Cottage now, and I'll start searching for the one in Cherokee Valley!  Thanks a bunch!!!
  • jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome! Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • MollyW318MollyW318 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard really good things about the Lodge at Table Rock
  • edited December 2011
    Check out either Woodburn or Ashtabula (located in the Clemson, SC area - technically Pendleton and Central): Pendleton Historic Foundation. Both are historic homes and offer great outdoor venues for both wedding and reception.

Best of luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to Cherokee and it's a beautiful place.  I'm not sure about weddings though.  I've also heard good things about the Lodge at Table Rock.
    Goodluck and I'm sure it will be beautiful.  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
    Denise
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_venue-upstatesclowernc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:123Discussion:55b7baa4-e871-4642-9d7f-9dd8ae7e59c4Post:b4cb6685-e263-4aa2-9f4b-c63a67be03ec">VENUE! UpstateSC/LowerNC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! This is my first post, I am at a loss trying to find the right ceremony/reception location!  We wanted to have the wedding set for the fall of next year in Sept or Oct. I really want to keep the costs as low as possible, and a venue that allows outside catering is preferable. The guest list would be small, around 60ish, and we'd like it to be outdoors or in a covered terrace type thing.  I was really drawn to Rumbling Bald Resort in Lake Lure, but they dont allow outside catering. I also really liked the Lodge at Table Rock, and would LOVE Castle Ladyhawke in Asheville if it weren't so expensive!  If you have any suggestoins, let me know!
    Posted by kaylablackbird[/QUOTE]

<div>Kayla I'm not sure how far it is from you, but we're using The Woodburn in Pendleton, SC. It's right by Clemson Univ. The rental fee is only $1200 (I think) and EVERYTHING is outsource. They have a preferred rental company, but really you can use whoever you'd like. This was perfect for me since I'm very Type A. :) I actually found out about the venue here on the knot even though I grew up 10 minutes away from it! The venue is an old (1840s) plantation home and carriage house. The inside of the house is a museum (you can't have the wedding in there at all) and they staff if for you during your reception. It house has a huge veranda. I'm so in love with it!</div><div>
    </div><div>hope that helps!</div>
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Kayla,
    I am a catering manager at the Embassy Suites in Greenville.  We have an outdoor facility called The Terrace.  We also do not allow outside catering but we can try to working something out here within your budget.  If you would like to come see The Terrace please call me to set an appointment.  Its really beautiful!
    Christina  864-678-7117
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards