South Carolina

Myrtle Beach wedding reviews

Hi ladies,

Well I had a fabulous wedding in Myrtle Beach on June 16, and thought I would let you know about who I used for what. I couldn't find much information on here, so maybe this thread will help others and also get some more ladies doing the same for future brides :) Our day was perfect and everything we dreamed of.. so here is the list of who I used... now keep in mind, I didn't have a DJ or caterer, the hotel did the food, and we kept it low key and simple since this was our second marriage..

As you all know or are finding out, you can't have a wedding on the beach in the city of Myrtle unless at certain spots and in parks.. my husband picked our hotel from where we have stayed before as we have two kids and lots got invited so we wanted a kid friendly place.. we picked the Sand Dunes Resort and Spa, and worked with Kristina and she was amazing... I worked hard on alot of DIY items and handed them to her and she pulled it together beautifully!!!

My photographer was Sascha, with Photos by Sascha, and she was AMAZING!!! I can't say enough great words about her to even begin to say how happy we were and are with her!!! I didn't want a big package, so she has both, big packages but also by the hour.. she doesn't do just wedding but also family pictures, and I don't like posy pictures, she captured our wedding perfectly!! here is her website and see for yourself!! http://www.photosbysascha.com/default.html

My cake was by TheeCakeLady, and was amazing.. I had searched online after seeing one place wanted $200 for a cake for 35 people, she gave me an amazing cake for $125 that included the transportation fee.. It was so moist and the icing wasn't sweet at all.. loved it and even now, we are still eating leftovers, its just as moist.. her name is Brenda and her website is www.theecakelady.tripod.com

My flowers were something that I had dreamed of in different styles and couldn't pick just one. Heather with North Myrtle Florist pulled them all together to make a wonderful bouquet for me and my girls!! I can't tell you enough how lovely she was to work with!! Def check them out and the prices were amazing!!!

I researched for a place to get my hair and makeup done as I'm not a girly girl, so I wanted to do it up on my special day.. I found many places that did either and not very many that did both that wasn't outrageous.. well I finally found a lady named Ami, she would come to us and based on her pictures from her website did an amazing job. BOY did she!! The prices were fabulous considering she came to us, in fact they were lower than most hairdressers wanted that we had to go to them.. Def check her out, she is the sweetest lady ever... www.amicreations.com

I hope this helps some of you ladies out a little... 

Re: Myrtle Beach wedding reviews

• I also forgot about our Officiant, Bengi Simmons, was great... I didn't get to talk to him much, but my husband did..
  • Thanks for the info! Can you give me an idea of the price for the resort? I had just checked that place out online and was curious! We have a small budget and are trying to stretch it. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards