South Carolina

Annoyed - Mini Vent

We're *finally* doing our e pics this Friday (you know, 12 days before our engagiversary and 86 days before the wedding :-P). I was super excited about shooting in Falls Park and downtown Greenville, only to have my photographer inform me that the city charges a $100 permit to shoot in Falls Park and it's about impossible to get one on a Friday or Saturday. What the what?!? If I hadn't already thought the city was a little out of control with the "we're kind of a big deal" attitude, this would definitely push me in that direction.
Anniversary

Re: Annoyed - Mini Vent

• edited December 2011
    Wow that does seem a little crazy!
    Anniversary
  • msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is crazy.  I have never heard that before.  I have seen several people taking pics downtown.  I would call the city administrator to verify this info.  You are only taking pics.  You are not hosting an event.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    There's a lot of places down here in Charleston that charge for photography to be done.. Boone Hall Plantation, Magional Plantation, etc etc
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard the $100 photography fee too.

I can understand places like plantations becuase (I assume?) they give some sort of tours and charge admission or something like that, or at least quasi-private places. Anyone can prance around Falls Park.
    Anniversary
  • bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think this is correct! Our FI and I had our e-session at Falls Park in all different areas and they only thing we were paying were our engagement fee to our photographer! And our session WAS ON A FRIDAY! You may want to check that out...plenty people photograph w/o Work permits.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards