South Carolina

Greenville SC Reviews: (long)

I'll start this by saying that I build things up in my head and then get disappointed if things don't work out later...this didn't happen at the wedding!

Expressions Florist (Poinsett Hwy) - A++
Staci and her team were awesome. She was thorough and threw out ideas that I hadn't thought of. I'm big on flowers so that says a lot. She worked with me on budget and gave me an itemized list with all the stems to include in each item. It was a great way to see where I got the bang for my buck. At least get a quote...you won't regret it!

Hilton Greenville (Haywood Rd) - A+
Richa was great and everything was handled perfectly. It was a great, classy venue with many included features. The guests loved their rooms and the atmosphere. Get everything in writing that you agree on. Nothing really came up but I would defiantly do this for any vendor. Food and bar was provided by the Hilton and was delicious!!!

Hammett Photography - A++
Great husband and wife team with wonderful ideas. They were easy to work with and made me feel comfortable. They travel and offer great prices. They are also up for working out a package to suit your needs instead of the usual "This is the package and price so take it or leave it" mentality.

Paper products- A
I designed my own invitations and had them printed via Carolina Graphic Arts. It can be a little confusing but they will help you out. Everything worked great. I purchased speciality paper from Hobby Lobby and various supplies. Everyone was shocked that I designed and made my programs and place cards!

Cake- A++
The cake was made by Martha Taylor in Greer, SC. She did different layers of strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. Everyone raved about the cake and wanted to try all the flavors!! The cake and band got the highest compliments!

Soulution-A++
We are a little biased here because we know the band. They are good friends. We got TONS of compliments on the band. They have a soul/funky style that people loved to dance too. The floor was packed all night. Many of the guests stayed in Greenville the next day to hear them play at Fall for Greenville. The guys even learned new songs if we wanted or stuck in our names to personalize things. They also have GREAT prices!!!

Professional Party Rentals - A
They were reasonable and easy to work with. I didn't rent a lot so I saved on the pick up and drop off fees. They could have been more helpful but I knew what I wanted so it sort of worked out.

Registries - B
Bed, Bath and Beyond was ok. Just make sure that you check it often to make sure things aren't discontinued. Also, go to the store to make your registry. If you add things online chances are that BBB won't have the items in store and will have to ship them to you at an extra cost to your guest. It doesn't seem like a bid deal; however people tend to buy less expensive gifts when figuring in shipping...and some like to carry a gift instead or shipping so they will get you random stuff you don't want.
Belk-sucked!. They discontinued a lot of stuff and some stores didn't have a lot of china. I couldn't get any help from anyone and neither could guests. The way the registry is setup online is harder to keep up with.
Macy's prices were very high but they were helpful. They do offer reward programs which would be good to look into.

Dresses - B
I got my dress from Southern Bride before the business tanked thank goodness! The BM dresses came from David's Bridal. They were easy to work with while setting up an account; this worked out great for the BMs because they were all over the US. The Greenville DB never called me, or the BMs, to tell us the dresses had arrived. They sat at the store for a month. The other locations called to let me know that the dresses were in.

Men's Warehouse - A+
Wait for them to send you coupons. We got the Groom's tux free and $20 off for each guy :)  They matched the BM dress colors because they work with David's Bridal. They also worked with two groomsmen who were deployed. Everything fit great, they were easy to work with, and it didn't take up a lot of time. I would suggest them for wedding parties that are spread out throughout the US/World.

Twigs Tempietto - B+
We used the garden area as the rehearsal dinner venue. The prices were ok but they slipped on some things. We requested to have chicken and pork because some family members couldn't eat pork (high blood pressure). They forgot to make the pork. The planner was new and knew less than I did about the equipment they had setup. FMIL wanted a slide show so I spent the first 25 mins of the RD trying to teach the planner how to use her own equipment. Other than that... the bar was great, food was tasty, atmosphere made everything worth it, and decorations were beautiful. It was cooler at night so they setup heaters that did not take away from the pretty garden look. Candles and lights made the whole place beautiful!

Honeymoon - A
Royal Carribean cruise to the Bahamas. We did 4 nights which made it not so boring. Another night and we wouldn't have known what to do with ourselves! The entertainment was good and staff was great. The CocoCay stop was awesome. No need for excursions here. Nassau was just a dirty city. I would suggest paying for excursions if going to Nassau. Atlantis was good and so was the stingray snorkel adventure. This was a greatly priced honeymoon. Ours cost $850 including booze. We did gamble but that wasn't include in the rate mentioned. If you get motion sickness get the "band aid" meds that stick behind your ear! Also, try to get a room level 4-10 near the middle of the ship(NOT THE FRONT!). The food was so good! We had snacks, buffets, or fine dining any time we wanted it. :)
Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards