South Carolina

myrtle beach honeymoon..advice from some locals??

hey everyone! so my fiance and i live up in pa and plan on going down to myrtle beach for our honeymoon. we want to rent a beach house or condo for a week,and have already looked at a number of different properties with some great deals that are very nice! i would like some help though with what..in your opinions...are some of the best areas in myrtle beach to stay in...there's northern..central..southern..and lots of smaller areas i didn't even know about. we'd like somewhere that's not too crowded and has some natural beauty but still has plenty to do within walking distance or a short drive. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: myrtle beach honeymoon..advice from some locals??

• victoria0993victoria0993 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say to check out Kingston Plantation. It has a ton of hotel rooms and condos on the property... there are also so many pools and bars and of course the beach!
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    If you are looking for some great deals on a beach house and a quieter area try North Myrtle Beach or Cherry Grove.  They are a little farther from the major attractions like Broadway at the beach, but the shortage of traffic and high rises (comparitively) makes up for the distance.

Oh, and give Sea Blue Photography a call while you are in town for some great beach portraits!

http://www.seabluephotography.com
  • rm1259rm1259 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls! i looked at both areas and there are some very nice properties! now just need to narrow down my list!
  • edited December 2011
    Murrells Inlet is also really nice...little father out away from MB.... It depends on what time of year you are getting married...but MB is pretty crowded from Spring through Mid-September...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • acausey6879acausey6879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Murrells Inlet is MUCH more low key than MB.  There is the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk which has a ton of restaurants/bars connected by a walkway on the water.... Lots of fun!  

IF you stay in MB...I recommend the Marriott up on 82nd Ave in NMB.  It's really nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards