South Carolina

Vendor Recommendation

Well initially it looked like we were going to have some trouble with our initial reception site (which shall remain nameless for now).  We had our reception booked and we were still deciding on using that venue as well for our rehearsal dinner when they up and booked it to someone else (after being told that we would be given the first opportunity at it).  It also took awhile to secure our contract and get everything we wanted in writing, so during that time I started shopping around for a Plan B.

While we ended up working things out with our original reception site, I would highly recommend Larkin's Catering and Events.  They were our Plan B option, and I spoke with Kimberly Jackson Adams and explained our situation.  She had saved our original quote (which I had since deleted after we chose a different site), sent it over and stayed in contact with me until I was sure that our Plan A site would work out.  She touched based periodically, never had to be reminded of any of our requests or wants, and was extremely organized.  Larkin's was a little pricer than our Plan A option, but the peace of mind would have been well worth the minor difference in cost IMO.  I would absolutely recommend Larkin's and particularly Kimberly if you're a bride who is doing a lot of long-distance planning or a good majority of it through e-mail as she's been incredibly on top of things :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards