South Carolina

Wedding Venue- Furman University

Hello SC Ladies,

I thought I had everything about my wedding all figured out until I started thinking about other possible ceremony and reception venues for the wedding.  Have any of you experienced a wedding at the Charles E Daniel Chapel at Furman University? What about a reception at the Hartness Center? The other reception site is already booked. I meet with the coordinators this week for a tour and to discuss details of the facilities.  Any good bad or ugly any of you ladies like to share?

PS..Note to fellow brides, please book your ceremony and reception site ASAP...otherwise, you end up like me indecisive with a Plan A and B, instead of Plan D (D for Definite)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Venue- Furman University

• edited December 2011
    The Furman Chapel is really pretty!!!!!!  It photographs well but is a little bit pricey and has more "rules and guidelines" than some other places I looked. The reason I strayed from the Furman Chapel is because I too was getting married in Fall....football season/games/tailgating/traffic.  I haven't seen anything done at the Hartness Center; however just know that Downtown venues and other Travelers Rest venues are only 20-25 minutes away.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    it's a gorgeous venue!

my venue was the FIRST thing I picked... I'm just working everything else out around it!
    Anniversary
  • bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay yeah I love the look of the chapel. It timeless and elegant..I love that the Hartness Pavilion room has 3 sides with nothing but windows. The Hartness is the only other room that can accomodate my # of guests because the bigger conference room is already booked.  I'm meeting with them tomorrow so I will let you know if it is either Furman or my original venue (Plan A) in mind that I will go with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just drove through Furmam yesterday. Not sure about the chapel, but the campus itself is absolutely gorgeous! It would be stunning in pictures.
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    oh... one other thing I thought of.... isn't Furman a dry campus? I'm like 99% certain. I would look into their alcohol policy right away if that's something you're hoping to have at your reception.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

My reception will be held at the Younts Center @ Furman Univ.  It's beautiful & one of two of their facilities where alcohol is pemitted...

• If you want to get away from Furman, the Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown has the most beautiful outdoor space ever. So romantic!!!!!!! See some pics:http://www.marriottcourtyardgreenville.com/).
    We actually stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Grenville RiverPlace Downtown (http://www.hamptoninnandsuitesgreenville.com/) and was very nice. It was walking distance from the venue and just by the river. Perfect location!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards