South Carolina

Cake Question

Ladies - I'm in desparate need of a bakery or baker for my wedding cake in Myrtle Beach for March 11, 2011.

It seems that the girl I used to work with who was/is a professional baker and did wedding cakes as a specialty, was supposed to make my wedding cake for me.  I've emailed her twice, messaged her on FB three times, and have called her a few times now; and I haven't gotten one response from her.

I was supposed to meet up with her in January or early February, but since I'm starting school in January I can't meet up with her; and I've been trying to iron out the details for my cake now since I can't get to her after.

Any suggestions on what to do would be most helpful.  And if I need to find someone else to do my wedding cake, I need any recommendations for the Myrtle Beach area.  I'm going there in January to get our marriage license and if I can check it out then I'd be glad to do it.

Re: Cake Question

• edited December 2011
    I am using Cakes by the Sea.  Their cake is delicious! 
    http://www.cakesbythesea.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to check them out.  Thank you so much cayres5.  I appreciate the help.
  • msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Cake by the Sea also.  There cakes are GREAT.  You should also check with Treslte Bakery in Downtown Conway.  Good luck in finding your perfect cake. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you msktn95.  I think I'm going to use Cakes by the Sea.  I looked at their cakes online and they have the cake that I actually wanted.  I'm only doing two tiers because I'm just having a ceremony and wanted to have a tier to freeze for our one year anniversary.

We'll be going there on the 21st to do the tasting.  We'll see what we decide on.
  • edited December 2011
    I used to do work with Page at Priceless Desserts. She is super friendly and her cakes are works of art! They're on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Priceless-Desserts

Good Luck!
  • victoria0993victoria0993 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that Cakes by the Sea is really good...though I've never had any of their cakes. But hey, its worth checking out! 
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for your suggestions.  I have set a tasting for January 21st with Cakes by the Sea.  So we shall see where we're going to go.
  • msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey,
    I went by Cake Creations by Melanie on Hwy 544  in Conway today.  I did not try any of her cakes, but I will.  I am taking one of my friends with me and we are going cake tasting.  I know we are getting our cake prepared by Cakes by the Sea, but I think it would be fun just to taste cakes. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Denise - Enjoy your cake tasting!  They give you these huge cupcakes.  The owners are super nice.  It is a husband and wife. 

Just FYI - My GPS told me that I reached the location before I actually did.  I drove a little further (to the light) and was turning around when I saw the sign.  There is a little strip mall type thing if I am remembering correctly.  (I am out of state and have only been to Myrtle Beach once). 

They will also deliver the cake for you for a small fee.  Totally worth it in my opinion because they are pretty far out from my location.  Have a great time!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you very much for letting me know about the location.  If I was going alone I probably would've past by it even with the GPS.  LOL!!!!

@Msktn95 - That's too funny.  Maybe I should do the same thing.  LOL!!!  I think we're going to go with a tier of cupcakes and then our tier to freeze for our 1yr anniversary.  We don't have very many people going with us anyway so it's not worth the money to get a two tier cake if we're going to end up throwing it away.  I'm hoping that they do that.

Thank you ladies for letting me know location and suggestions.  I appreciate it, and for those getting married near or on Myrtle Beach; I'll share my experiences with the cake tasting with ya'll.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards