South Carolina
Options

How fast do things book up in the upstate?

We already have our venue, we think, but we're holding back a little bit until we're a year out to book it. It isn't a particularly popular venue, so there isn't much concern about getting the date that we want.

I was thinking maybe we should go ahead and do it in a few months so that we can have a set date and start looking at other vendors just in case they start booking up early. What are y'alls experience with how fast vendors like photographers and DJs start booking up?
Anniversary

Re: How fast do things book up in the upstate?

• Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a lot of it depends on how popular your date is. I know when I started planning last July for our wedding this September, a few of the venues were already booked. Other than that, I had no issues with vendors being booked. But I also had almost everything booked by the end of last August. Having said that, I'm currently in the process of booking a florist, ceremony musician, and hair stylist, and I've had one florist tell me they're booked and several of the musicians have already been booked. If it was me, I would go ahead and book everything as soon as possible just so it's done and you get your first pick vendors.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    SuzieK27SuzieK27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    to get your choice, I would get the vendors booked as soon as possible.  I know some photogs and bakers can  book 18 months out.  If they are a reputable vendor, then there shouldn't be concern yet you get this years prices too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in February 2012, and I just met with a DJ this weekend to sign the contract, he said he was already booked all the way through November!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards