South Carolina
Options

Greenville Vender Review

Hi there!  I know I was looking for these when I was planning, so I thought I would post one!!  Good luck to you and your planning!

Dress - Southern Bride - They were wonderful and we had no issues on timing or anything.  The dress was amazing.

Alterations - We got them done at Southern Bride and I wished I hadn't.  They were really expensive.  It was $160 for a one button bustle and to bring the front of the dress up a half inch.  Hanna's Alterations on Woodruff Road was much more reasonable and he ended up steaming my dress because I trusted him more.  Also, my bustle broke right after the best man speech so it was pinned up with a safety pin.  So, just get what you want! 

Florist - Dahlia A Florist - Kristi is AMAZING.  I am not a flower person by any means and was overwhelmed by the flower choosing process.  I knew I liked Gerberas and she took it and ran with it.  She drew up a design right in front of us and I fell in love.  My toss bouquet had streamers and I LOVED it.  She was amazing.  My bridesmaid bouquets were beautiful as well.  Her prices were right where I wanted them....meaning VERY REASONABLE.

Caterer/Reception - Wyche Pavilion/Larkins on the River - We talked with Billy and I knew this would be the perfect reception.  It is on the pricy side, but we accomodated with cutting elsewhere in our budget.  The food was absolutely FABULOUS and we got nothing but compliments.  The full bar was the best and we loved the bartenders.  They used the greenery and the Chinese lanterns to make the pavilion even more spectacular.  When we had the issue with my bustle, the other coordinator for Larkins went right up to her office and got stuff right away.  I had never met her and she was on top of it.  LOVED LOVED LOVED Larkins!! 

DJ -   Life of the Party - You pay a flat rate and they are there an hour early and will play until the last guest leaves.  We paid $650 and it was VERY reasonable.  Our DJ sang during dinner and then DJ'd afterwards.  People were dancing all night long.  He truly was amazing and my friend even booked him for her wedding next year! 

Limo - Expressions - We rented the Limo Bus because I didn't want my dress to be squished and we wanted room.  It was AMAZING.  Soooo much fun!  The driver was awesome and did whatever we asked.  Not one issue.  FABULOUS!

Photography - SposaBella Photography - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.  You have no idea how much I love them!  They are a husband and wife duo and they take AMAZING pictures.  Photography and the Reception location were the 2 things that ate my budget.  However, in the end, its what really matters.  I look back at the pictures, and it totally captures the love and fun we had that day.  Truly amazing.  TOTALLY WORTH EVERY PENNY!! 

CupCake Tree - Publix on Woodruff - I loved my cupcakes!!  They were fabulous!  We had a top cake for us to cut and it was sooo delicious!  The baker asked me what I wanted, and he executed it perfectly.  They price was perfect ($85 for 100 cupcakes and the top cake) and the cake and cupcakes were delicious.  We priced out other cupcake companies and not only were they expensive, they were disgusting.  We love good cake!  Couldn't go wrong with Publix! 

Ceremony - St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church - It was truly a blessing.  What a great ceremony.  A little on the pricy side, but like I said, we cut our costs elsewhere.  A simple Catholic wedding was what I wanted, and it what I got!!

Invitations - We actually got them on clearance at Targets for $13 a box.  I ordered about 150 sample invites from all different companies.  I never fell in love with them and for that much money I wasnt setting.  We were walking in Target one day and I fell in love!!  How crazy is that!  It cost us NOTHING for the invites and they were beautiful!!  Best thing I did to save a TON of money.  No one even has them but us and my parents!  haha.

Save the Dates - We used Vistaprint!!  I got 100 postcards with an uploaded image plus shipping for $9.  Best way to save money!!  They were awesome and I designed them myself!! 

Hope this helps anyone it can!!  Feel free to contact me if you need more help!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards