South Carolina

cake recommendations for GSP area?

hi everyone! :)  I'm looking for a few recommendations as far as where to go (or avoid) to get our wedding cake done.  We're getting married in Spartanburg (Greenville buisnesses can be an option though), and we're on a budget.  We're looking for about 75-100 people, nothing crazy fancy either, but it has to taste and look good ;)  Thanks a ton!! :D
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: cake recommendations for GSP area?

• I ordered my cake from Buttercrem Bakehouse. They are off of Butler Road na I-85. Karrie (the owner) is amazing and so sweet!!! We haven't seen our actual cake yet (obviously) but the flavors are SO good and she'll definitely help you with whatever you need. We're doing something kind of like this:

It will feed about 90 people. It's all buttercream and the flower (exactly as pictured) and the trim (the beige "ribbon" or "lace") will be sugar as well. That, plus delivery (free since it's within a certain area) is a little less than $400 including taxes. I would definitely try talking to Karrie at Buttercream Bakehouse. Bring some pictures of what you like and let her know your budget. We called and set up an appt for a tasting. On the website it says they charge for tastings if it's less than 100 people for a cake (or something like that) but our's was free so idk....

Good luck with everything! =)
  • Sweet, I'll check them out! Thanks! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was going to use Holly's Cakes in Anderson.  But they were booked over a year in advance.  They may be available for your date, but I don't know.  Currently, I have an appointment with Tasteful Elegance in July but their pictures online were beautiful, so they're more than likely who we'll go with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • We are using Couture Cakes of Greenville.  They are located off of Woodruff Rd.  We are doing a small cake on top and then a cupcake tower so that we can have multiple flavors and make serving easier.  They have tons of great flavors (as well as just your normal white and chocolate and they are delicious.  Really great and easy to work with.  They came highly recommend to me!  http://couturecakesofgreenville.com/
  • Hi Ladies,

Does anyone have recommendations for a cheesecake maker?  Especially one that will decorate it?

Thanks,

Shalonda
  • The Bakery off Augusta in Greenville is Awesome. The lady who owns it worked at Strossner's for many many years and she really knows her stuff!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards