South Carolina
Options

Wedding Venues in Greenville SC

Hey ladies,

Can you gals give me recommendations for wedding venues in Greenville SC that is not too pricey and is not super strict with rules and regulations that is capable of holding 200-250 guests? I appreciate any help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Venues in Greenville SC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    have you looked through the venues that are on the knot? that's how I found mine...

I love greenville but I'm not familiar enough with it to suggest venues..
    Anniversary
  • Options
    victoria0993victoria0993 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not from that area so I'm not really much help but I definitely suggest just google it. I'm sure you'd find more than expected. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used the Hilton in Greenville and did everything there. The ceremony was in one room and the reception was in another. The cocktail hour was in the lounge. The price includes a lot of things and they have a lot of different menu and bar options. I would at least look into it.

We also did Twigs Tempietto for the rehearsal dinner. It is BEAUTIFUL and would make a great ceremony or reception spot. It is gorgeous at night with the clear tent, lights, and candles!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You need to check out The Loom in Simpsonville. It is the bottom floor of the Cotton Mill that they have turned into a gorgeous reception place. The girls that own it will do everything for you! We are having our reception there in August and it has been super easy planning with them! They are also very well priced. 
  • Options
    MollyW318MollyW318 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also look at Larkin's on the River.  They have a lot of different options to fit different sizes of weddings and budgets.
  • Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's everywhere I looked at:

Twigs
    Westin
    Zen
    Larkin's
    Gassaway Mansion
    Upcountry History Museum

A few of those were out of our budget, but our budget's pretty small, so you may be okay. We finally decided on the Upcountry History Museum, and I cannot wait!

Oh, and the Gassaway Mansion or House or whatever it's called was a little on the strict side if I remember correctly. But it's also in the middle of a residential area. Just something to keep in mind!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    spoodadoespoodadoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Being from Greenville I searced for the longest time, and just found that not much was availible in the area, unless it's the Hilton. If you expand your searc just 30-45 mintues away there are so many options! Good Luck!

White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am a catering manager at the Embassy Suites on Verdae and would be happy to talk with you about our ballrooms and outdoor facility if you would like.  We have packages set, but we can also work with you with in your budget.  Give me a call at 864-678-7117 if you would like to chat or set up an appointment.
    Christina

• Options
    luckylililuckylili member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its not in Greenvile but in Greer. The Greer City Events Center is where Im getting married. Check it out they have the gazebo outside or you can have the ceremony inside the building.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on your definition of pricey.  I was married at the Poinsett Hotel and it was expensive, but we had a lot of freedom and they were wonderful to us.  We also looked at Larkin's on the River and were really impressed with Billy.  We were limited to indoor venues because it was January. 

A friend of mine was married at the Daniel Chapel in Furman, but had the reception at the Younts Conference Center, and I had another friend hold their reception at The Saw Mill for another idea. 
  • Options

I don’t know about the size, but I’ve been to a wedding at the Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown (http://www.marriottcourtyardgreenville.com/) that was beautiful! It is an outdoor space that looks amazing – it has some pictures at their webpage of another event). For the wedding, we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville RiverPlace Downtown (http://www.hamptoninnandsuitesgreenville.com/) that was very good also.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards