South Carolina

Still desperately looking for a photographer!

Hi Ladies..!

I've nailed down most of the big stuff except for a photographer! It is really stressing me out and giving me anxiety that I haven't booked one yet! LOL.. I am really trying to find a great photographer that won't cost more than $2K.. any recommendations? We really only want a CD w/ copying rights of all pictures.. no hard copies, albums, or anything like that..

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Still desperately looking for a photographer!

• edited December 2011
    I used Judy Kay Bryan from Saluda.. She is fabulous and great to work with.
    Her complete package (e-session, bridals & wedding) is a $2500 but if you don't need all that, she changes the price... and she gives you exactly what you are wanting.. rights to print!

www.photosbyjkay.com--- Also check out my vendor review I posted for more details
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Chaunte' & Dave
    May 21,2011
    Life As A Newlywed
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Blue Mountain Photoworks. They let you create your own package, so I'm sure you could easily work something out in your budget.
    Anniversary
  • acausey6879acausey6879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh definitely check out Christa Harder Photography!  Her work phenomenal and all of her packages come with a CD... Her packages are very reasonable!  I think the cheapest one is under $1500.  (www.christaharder.com)
  • bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you located? My wedding photographer is in the Upstate and she lets you set your own price because she does it as her side part time job. Her work is phenomenal and really who lets you set your own price for pics these days?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gembum1187gembum1187 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know a guy who is really awesome and he has wedding packages for $900 and under.  His name is Mark Lopez and his website iswww. mlopho.com.  He can do anything in the Greenville/Anderson region.  He's really good!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow thanks so much for the recommendations! I will have to check some of these people out :)
    - bmoton, I am getting married in Greenville but live in Lexington.. what is her name?? Thanks!!

:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Lookingglass Photography for mine. She does really good work and her prices are reasonable :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Wedding Blog!
    kelsdeliciouslife.wordpress.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Chi Photography out of Charleston. http://www.chiphotographyofcharleston.com. My engagement photos turned out great and love everything so far. 

Good Luck!!
  • Sabrinaf33Sabrinaf33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using Photography by Terry http://www.photographybyterryinc.com/ out of Summerville, SC. She has a lot of packages and does the photos on disk with rights. I like the fact she gives you the full quality photos, not the shrunken ones that make bad prints. She also has a second photographer with her for additional shots. I saw her display and met her at a Bridal Show and the booth just spoke for itself! She also let me view an album from our venue that a previous couple gave her permission to share. It was great!   Good Luck!

• tml220tml220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Sarah Scruggs!  Love her work and her prices!!!  www.sarascruggsphotography.com
  • S2K2012S2K2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Helen Tackett with Calico photography! She did our e-pics and her packages are dirt cheap! Her biggest package is less than $1,800 and her work is PHENOMENAL! www.calico-photography.com is her site. We are the couple with the big blue hat!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Palmetto Digital Photography.  She has a website, very reasonable. 
  • mfordingmfording member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out this girl! She lives in Lexington and will travel! She emailed me some of her photos and WOW! She charges in the 900 range! With a second photographer 

Elle
    Elle Olivia Photography
    803-614-1099
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Gosh I know that must be stressful! My photographer works through NC and SC and is really responsive and definitely within your budget (or she was when we booked her!) http://bridgetmcenaney.wordpress.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I am a photographer in Beaufort and would love for you to consider my services.
    Please check out www.lovelylanephotography.com

My pricing is flexible and can offer you a CD with rights to print only if you like.

Let me know if I can help,

Shannon Grierson
    Photographer
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! 
    Not sure if you've found your photographer yet, but my fiance is based out of Charlotte and would most likely be able to work within you budget. He will absolutely not force albums/prints on you either! 
    You can look at his work here: www.miczekphoto.com
    He is really an amazing photographer with a great personality. He will not miss a moment of your wedding. You will not be disappointed if you hire him, I promise!!
    If you decide to call him, tell him his fiancee, Holly told you about him! =)
  • hng0411hng0411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are wedding photographers in Charlotte & work in SC a lot. 

We offer discounted rates for off-season (February) weddings. 

Our website is www.meettheburks.com :)
  • edited December 2011
    Try Amy Clifton @ amycliftonphotography.com - wonderful person and wonderful photographer!!
  • lorarogerslorarogers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using a place called Stephens Photography. I live in Greenville myself and met them at a festival recently. Super cheap the only thing is that they won't do prints they'll put everything on a CD, which really in the long run saves you money.Look them up, they have a fan page on Facebook with lots of photos. They are super friendly and down to earth. Good Luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Sea Blue Photography!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards