South Carolina
Options

Experiences with the Greenville DB?

I went to the Wedding Festival tonight and all of the dresses that I looke dat are at David's Bridal. I've heard horror sotries about them, but was wondering if the Greenville sotre wa any different?

Re: Experiences with the Greenville DB?

• Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the Greenville Store. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    scsteph1983scsteph1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i wouldn't spend a dime in that store....sorry.

i made an appt and the woman who was assigned to me couldn't have been less helpful, there were kids running around the store shopping for prom dresses without any sales associates help.  Very unprofessional.

i ended up getting a much better quality sample dress for $200 less than then one i was interested in at DB at a small shop in Mauldin, The Dress.  Amazing, very personal customer service and it felt good to support a small business.

http://www.thedressconsignment.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_experiences-greenville-db?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:123Discussion:d4c559f0-9e72-47f3-8e16-2c613c839e29Post:6b129047-da52-4ffd-b58a-156ec1cff0b1">Re: Experiences with the Greenville DB?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i wouldn't spend a dime in that store....sorry. i made an appt and the woman who was assigned to me couldn't have been less helpful, there were kids running around the store shopping for prom dresses without any sales associates help.  Very unprofessional. i ended up getting a much better quality sample dress for $200 less than then one i was interested in at DB at a small shop in Mauldin, The Dress.  Amazing, very personal customer service and it felt good to support a small business. <a href="http://www.thedressconsignment.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.thedressconsignment.com/</a>
    Posted by scsteph1983[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for that. I guess DB would be my last resort. I've heard such bad things about them in general and will be making appts in the next month or so. Did you go to any other shops that wee helpful/nice/reasonable priced?</div>
  • Options
    scsteph1983scsteph1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'll sketch out how my dress shopping went...

November 2010 at thanksgiving i went shopping at a DB in Western KY with my mom and sister so we could have "the experience"  the DB there was great, very nice, and i thought i had picked my dress. we discussed possible alterations to the bust area which sounded good.  so was going to come back to GRN where we are getting married and get the dress here. 

Feb 2011 my mom comes to visit for my bday and we go to the DB in GRN.  I put the dress on and still love it and i start asking about the alterations and the woman said i was essentially crazy, and where was i going to find the material to add on to the dress, and i guess you can buy it in a Tall and good luck with using the leftover lace from the hem to do what you want.  So i start trying on more dresses, my mom is actually pulling them because this lady is no where to be found.  She eventally reappears and says, "you're still set on the first dress aren't you?"  ummm...yes, i've been thinking about it for 3 months.  the prom girls threw me over the edge, so my mom and i left.  they never called me back (ps the western ky store called me every week for 3 months).

so after that, we went to the little place on Laurens Road.  across from the bike shop.  the woman there was Wonderful!  they don't have a ton of selection, but i tried on several dresses and she really reassured me that i would find the dress and to not worry about it.  we left there and i went to publix to buy a lot of booze Surprised 

my mom convinced me to go to The Dress with her the next afternoon, since i had scoped it out the weekend before.  they size everything by street size, so the mental barrier of what the tag says is already gone.  i tried on 6-7 dresses in the style i was looking for and the first one i put on there was it!  its a mother/daughter team that owns it.  she gets new dresses in every week and i'm pretty sure they can look for what you are interested in if you have enough time.  i ended up with a 2009 casablanca dress which was never worn for $600. 

http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/18/282

they recommended a wonderful alterations person and even with alterations it still came out less than teh DB dress i wanted. 

so in short, i'd go to the place on Laurens if you're needing another place but obviously my opinion is the dress first.  i wish i had only gone there.  Happy shopping!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    scsteph1983, thanks for that! I guess I've been worried that I wouldn't be able to find "the" dress if I just went to consignment shops, but I keep hearing just wonderful things at The Dress so I guess we'll be going there first! =) Thanks again!
  • Options
    tml220tml220 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine from the Greenville David's.  Overall experience was okay - I had an appointment and still had to wait 45 minutes for a consultant.  Granted, it was a Saturday in April, so I was expecting it to be super busy.  It was, and the store had way too many people in it.  However, the consultant found a dress that was awesome, and I ended up buying from there.  They had it in stock, they told me it would take 2 months to get to the GVL store for me to pick up, but it really only took 2 weeks.  I picked up my dress on a Monday evening, and there was literally one other customer in the store.  They didn't even ask if I wanted to try it on to be sure it was marked the correct size.  I love my dress, but I was really not impressed with the store...it is what it is, and you just gotta go in expecting that.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards