South Carolina

In or Around Beaufort, SC

My fiance and I are looking to move/visit the South Carolina, Beaufort area and I was wondering if anyone could give advise on the best places to check out. We are moving there for his job and will probably get married there as well but I have no idea where to look for a house! Maybe I should be on the Nest but I've had such good luck with advise from ladies on the Knot....!!! The most helpful information would be on communities that are safe and family friendly to a young couple as well as some cute areas for a small outdoor wedding. Anything helps!!!

Re: In or Around Beaufort, SC

• edited December 2011
    Hi there! Beaufort is a great city!!! My parents moved me there when I was 16 and I finished HS at Beaufort Academy. Being that I attended such a small school I was a little sheltered so I don't know THAT much about where good areas are. Plus, after HS when I went to college I haven't lived there since '99. My parents still live there though on Lady's Island in Telfair neighborhood which they have enjoyed. The houses are smaller and decently priced. A lot of military families live there. You can't really go wrong with Lady's island though!!

I am getting married in May in Beaufort and we are just having closest family attend. WE are having a big reception in Columbia when we get back. We are getting married right on the water on Bay Street. It will be beautiful and of course FREE! There are some very pricey inns where you can get married and have a beautiful reception. About the next best as far as price would be at Oaks Plantation. I can get you Cookie's number if you are interested. But basically she just owns a beautiful historic type house on the water and rents it for a weekend for about 2500. YOu would have to have the whole thing outside of course. Also we didn't want to do the whole hotel wedding thing but the Holiday Inn (I think that's the one) is brand new and right on the water and it really would make for a beautiful wedding site!
    I hope this is at least somewhat helpful!!! Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Good luck!
    Jen 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards