South Carolina

Greenville Brides

Hey girls! I'd really love to have some suggestions for ceremony & reception locations besides the hotels suitable for 50-75 people. We're on a tight budget but I want it to be a simple, classy and slightly informal Southern style event where everyone can mix-and-mingle and be comfortable among the guests they don't know.

Thanks a million!

Re: Greenville Brides

• bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mrsbad check out The Phoenix Inn. Its located on N Pleasantburg on the right before you pass Strayer University on the left.  It has a room for weddings that sounds perfect for the setting you are trying to achieve. Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cutigermikecutigermike member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the lazy goat, if your looking for a small venue it's a great place, with no minimum. 
  • JuliaM-EJuliaM-E member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, Mary's at Falls Cottage is GORGEOUS! I'm not sure how much it costs but I wouldn't think that much. They have an awesome patio that overlooks Fall Park.... picture perfect for sure and just about the right size. Good luck!
  • msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try the Sawmill House.  Its a nice place.

Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Larkin's also has some options.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Cliffs of Glassy Chapel - Landrum, SC
    Symmes Chapel "Pretty Place" - Marietta, SC
    Kingwood - Clayton, GA
    Byrum Place - Anderson, SC  www.oldbyrumplace.com
    Wilhite House - Anderson, SC
    Victoria Valley Vinyard - Pickens, SC
    Table Rock Mtn Lodge - Pickens, SC
    Twigs Tempietto - Greenville, SC
    Lindsey Plantation - Taylors, SC
    Mary's Falls Cottage - Greenville, SC
    Chattooga Belle Farms - Long Creek, SC
    Red Horse Inn - Landrum, SC
    Augusta Manor - Greenville, SC
    Pavilion at Embassy Suites - Greenville, SC
    Biggerstaff at Lake Keowee
    Kilgore Lewis House - Greenville, SC
    ZEN - Greenville, SC
    Greenbrier Farms - Easley, SC
    Lake Lanier Tea House - Landrum, SC
    Rock Quarry Garden - Greenville, SC ***this is where we are getting married***

• jencarson1jencarson1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JessieandKyle- Congrats!

I just went to see the Rock Quarry Garden, it is beautiful but...I was nervous about the stairs being dangerous for our older guests and I also didn't see any places for parking, have you figured all of that out yet?

MrsBad- Falls Cottage and Twigs Tempietto are both incredibly gorgeous places and perfect for your size wedding :)
  • edited December 2011
    jencarson1 - there is an entrance from the road into the garden that doesn't involve the stairs. It's a pathway straight into the garden. We have made arrangements with family members to have our older guests dropped off at that entrance. Also, we've arranged for all of our guests to park at the Brick Street Cafe (our reception site) and either carpool or we'll shuttle them to/from the garden. Thanks for the congrats!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_greenville-brides-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:123Discussion:feecfbb1-d65c-4b5a-81cb-54d98f1925eaPost:760e97e8-118e-4e88-b8ee-a2cb87677661">Re: Greenville Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]jencarson1 - there is an entrance from the road into the garden that doesn't involve the stairs. It's a pathway straight into the garden. We have made arrangements with family members to have our older guests dropped off at that entrance. Also, we've arranged for all of our guests to park at the Brick Street Cafe (our reception site) and either carpool or we'll shuttle them to/from the garden. Thanks for the congrats!
    Posted by JessieandKyle[/QUOTE]

Did you already have your wedding?  I'm moving to Greenville on June 1 and hoping to be married there in November, or in March at the latest.  I LOVE Falls Park, but would be nervous about an outdoor ceremony (what if it rains?).  How was Brick Street Cafe for the reception (if you already had your wedding)?  I called Twigs, but they never called me back or emailed me the pricing info as they said they would.  I also called and emailed Mary's but they have not replied to me :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_greenville-brides-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:123Discussion:feecfbb1-d65c-4b5a-81cb-54d98f1925eaPost:96ebf487-11a3-4a86-ad33-74f402ad538c">Greenville Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey girls! I'd really love to have some suggestions for ceremony & reception locations besides the hotels suitable for 50-75 people. We're on a tight budget but I want it to be a simple, classy and slightly informal Southern style event where everyone can mix-and-mingle and be comfortable among the guests they don't know. Thanks a million!
    Posted by mrsbad[/QUOTE]

Did you settle on a ceremony and/or reception site?  I'm moving to Greenville on June 1 and hope to be married there in November or March at the latest...My wedding plans are very similar to yours (50 guests, no hotel for reception!, southern style, tight budget...)  Thanks!!
  • The Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown has a beautiful outdoor space that looks so romantic under a tent! Check some pics: http://www.marriottcourtyardgreenville.com/). It is right by the river.... So romantic!!!!!!!! We actually stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville RiverPlace Downtown (http://www.hamptoninnandsuitesgreenville.com/). It was also great; it is walking distance from the venue and had free breakfast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards