New York-Upstate

Rochester, NY Interesting/Unique/Unusual Wedding Ceremony and Reception sites

Hi,

I'm new to the knot and newly engaged :)

My fiance and I live in Rochester, NY and are so excited to begin planning our wedding. We hope to be married in May of 2011 but are open to considering other dates if we find the right location.

We are exploring all of the usual gorgeous Rochester Wedding ceremony and reception spaces but are really wanting to look into some locations that are different, unique, un usual, off-the-beaten path kind of locations.

From what I've read, all of you ladies really know what you're doing when it comes to wedding planning. I was hoping some of you might have some ideas as to where else to look.

Thanks!

Re: Rochester, NY Interesting/Unique/Unusual Wedding Ceremony and Reception sites

• UDscoobychickUDscoobychick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe try the Memorial Art Gallery?
  • pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, the MAG might be cool.  I can't really think of anything else that would be "off the beaten path."
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • RonCourtRonCourt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a few below:

rochester museum and science center, artisian works, springdale farm bed and breakfas (definitely off the beaten path and looks so cute!)t, inn on broadway

hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Max at Highfalls is really unique the caterer is the same one for Memorial Art Gallery-food is good, both locations are really nice, I am having my wedding ceremony and reception at the Max Highfalls and I can't wait, I also spent a lot of time looking for the perfect and unique location and this is it!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for these responses, I will definitely look into them :)
  • edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a unique ceremony site as well? Seperate from the reception site that is? My church is gorgeous, unique and unusual. It was designed by the famous architect Loui Kahn and is actually the work displayed in the center of his coffee table book. It's the First Unitarian Church of Rochester. I can't wait to get married there this August! :0]
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Artisan Works
    Memorial Art Gallery
    The Rabbit Room at the Lower Mill
    the Centrum at The Max at Eastman Place
    you can rent the upper floor of the Rochester Science Museum

• edited December 2011
    One thing to think about with the MAG though is they have no air conditioning. We looked there too but decided against it for that reason.
    Artisan Works is really neat. I would look into that if I were you!

Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • magpie2313magpie2313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There is a public garden space in Webster that is gorgeous! This isn't advertised, so it's definitely not as popular as other venue sites. But I was actually going to book this place, but the town is renovating it and it won't be completed until August. But it's cheap because it's a public place and it's REALLY pretty. You can also put up a tent there too! Also, i would check out the Divinity School in Highland Park. My best friend got married there and it's awesome. The deck off the ballroom is incredible!

Good Luck!

• nrem3nrem3 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_rochester-ny-interestinguniqueunusual-wedding-ceremony-reception-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:124Discussion:01395407-96d4-4663-8d96-6b061b7cd90fPost:b488538c-c8d7-44b1-a299-c3c06f80183e">Re: Rochester, NY Interesting/Unique/Unusual Wedding Ceremony and Reception sites</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a public garden space in Webster that is gorgeous! This isn't advertised, so it's definitely not as popular as other venue sites. But I was actually going to book this place, but the town is renovating it and it won't be completed until August. But it's cheap because it's a public place and it's REALLY pretty. You can also put up a tent there too! Also, i would check out the Divinity School in Highland Park. My best friend got married there and it's awesome. The deck off the ballroom is incredible! Good Luck!
    Posted by magpie2313[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Where is the space in Webster?! Does anyone know? I'm helping my best friend plan her wedding and wants as inexpensive as possible!</div>
  • Guessing that the place in Webster is the Webster Arboretum, http://www.websterarboretum.org/index.php, if you are still looking. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards