New York-Upstate

Help! What time for ceremony and reception????

Thanks in advance.  And I am sorry for the length of the email, but I am in desperate need some of some help here.  I think I have it OK, but am looking for suggestions, advice, kudos, whatever... I just don't know and it is stressing me out!!!!  So, here it goes...On the plus side, we are able to have our ceremony and reception at virtually any time we choose.  Our reception and ceremony are at 2 different sites (one in rochester in the city and the other in Penfield).With that being said, FI does NOT want to do pics before the ceremony, and I do not want to miss cocktail hour  and would like to see the reception site before anyone else is there.  SO, we are thinking about a 1:00 ceremony (Catholic church, no mass, no recieving line maybe 30 minutes for ceremony and 20-30 for pics???  ) and a cocktail  hour start time at 4:30.  Do you think this is enough time to do pics at the church, and additional location (weather depending) and make it to the reception site around 3:30-3:45???How long do pictures typically take?  (Wedding is in November, so I was hoping to start cocktail hour before dark...which is typically 4:45 ish..)HELP!!!!

Re: Help! What time for ceremony and reception????

• khtwiggkhtwigg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony was at 2--catholic with a mass.  Pictures at the church, pictures at the reception hall (golf course) and we were all done by 5:30 for the cocktail hour.  Our reception and ceremony locations were close by, but even if you had a 10 minute drive or so I think you would have enough time. 
  • edited December 2011
    thank you SO much.  This is exactly what I needed to hear.  I think 1:00 and 4:30 should work out just fine then.  thanks again.  Still looking for more suggetions if anyone has any!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Just to reitterate, you should be fine, in fact you may even have extra time!  Our ceremony was at 1, an hour long, 30 minutes for pictures, and if not for the extra 30 minutes it took for our limos to drive to the reception hall, we would have made it to more than a half an hour of the cocktail hour that started at 4pm.  HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards