New York-Upstate
Options

***jennilovesjames****

Hi Jenni, My name is Lynnie and I have seen your posts both on this board and on the Oct 2010 board. I am getting married to FI, Andy, on Oct 16, 2010, in Lake George, too. I just had the privilege of checking out your bio, and thought it was lovely and amazing. I particularly LOVE your style for pew arrangements and flowers/decor. Have you chosen a florist yet? And does he/she think that those things are do-able? I have given Susan at Finishing Touches in Bolton Landing a deposit, but I have not been able to meet with her yet (we will meet in Dec since i live in Utah!) If you had someone, though, that you adored, I would consider checking them out, too. The latest "Well Wed in NY" has some great spread of gorgeous flowers/decor that I also like, similar to the things that you have put in your bio. Im also curious if you have someone who is going to do your hair/makeup? And if you guys have a place you think is great for a Rehearsal Dinner. We are having our ceremony/reception at the Lodges at Cresthaven, but I dont know that we want the rehearsal there, too. I'd love suggestions. Anyway, its great to meet another bride in the Lake George area, and I hope that I dont overwhelm you with too many questions in the near future. Feel free to tell me to "bugger off" if you need to! Best, Lynnie
http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ***jennilovesjames****

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lynnie and congratulations on your engagement! I hope you are having as much fun planning your wedding as I am! I am so excited about a fall wedding in Lake George- we kayak there occasionally and the colors in October can be stunning. Here's hoping for a good year! Thanks so much for the compliment on my bio- I used it as a tool to narrow down some of the options I was considering for our wedding, and I think it really helped me get a clearer picture of what I was going for. I have some projects that I have done mock-ups for. Maybe you can find time to check back in the next few weeks and give me your feedback. Our theme is based on our family's favorite things about fall, and it can be a little trying to balance wedding elegance with the homey charm of a table named "pumpkin pie" or "raking leaves". To answer your questions, we have not settled on a florist yet. We met with the owner of Touch of an Angel in South Glens Falls and liked her a lot, but at the time I had a different location and a different season in mind. (We rescheduled for reasons related to my education) I need to schedule an appointment with her. I'll let you know what she can do. Was there a specific picture on my bio that you were thinking of doing? I would be more than happy to ask her about anything you are interested in. I have gotten two recommendations for makeup and hair. One is Make Me Fabulous in Ballston Spa (makemefabulous.com) and the other is Studio Seventy-One in Glens Falls (Studio71salon.com). Both of them have a list of their services and prices on their websites. As far as rehearsal dinner, I believe (at this point, anyway) that I am going to be hosting ours at our home. We are currently in the middle of a budget remodel of our kitchen, so hopefully it will be attractive, and I love hosting parties. I also decided early on that I would splurge on my high priority items and cut costs on things that were not so high on the priority list. The rehearsal dinner is not such a big thing to me. We have very few, if any, OOT guests, so we don't need a big space and it is mostly family in our WP, so they would be very comfortable in our home. I'll get a cute dress and decorate a bit to make it festive. Sorry I can't be more help there! It's great to meet you, too, and I don't mind questions at all. Happy planning! Jenni
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer, Thanks for the note! It sound like you have a ton figured out -- thats so great. For makeup/hair I, too, was directed to Ann Marie at Studio 71, and I have set up a meeting with her for a trial run on December 31st (the only time I'll be in the area this winter). I can let you know how it goes, if you like. I am hoping to convince my mom that we can just have it done in their salon on the day (instead of having her come to us up the road) because it is so much less expensive. In terms of the flowers, I particularly LOVE the little wheat/floral bunches that you had as ideas for the ends of the pews. We are having our ceremony outside (weather permitting) and I hadn't really planned much in the way of decoration (aside from a Chuppah -- we're jewish) but im starting to realize that maybe we need a little something else. I will definitely check back on your profile as you build it. Please let me know as you progress! I would love to see it. If you would like to see our website let me know and I'll give you access (if its before mid-october, because after that it will be public and not require a password when we send out our STDs). Best of luck! and I am so happy to have met you! Lynnie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love to see your website! I am always interested in the weddings in my area since I know those brides are working with the same conditions and resources that I am. Definitely let me know what you think after your appointment at Studio 71- They are much more convenient to us than MMF. Studio 71 is only ten minutes from my home, so as long as they will work on a Sunday, we could easily go there. You have motivated me to call and make an appointment with our florist tomorrow. I am planning to bring her all of my pictures, so I will definitely ask about the one you were interested in. I'm glad we connected- can't wait to see your website! Jenni
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenni, My website is just at my signature at the bottom of the post. go ahead and send me an email at: lynniearudner @ gmail (dot) com and ill give you the PW so you can see it! lynnie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards