Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Acoustic Guitar Songs for Ceremony

I am trying to find songs to play during my wedding ceremony to play with an acoustic guitar. I would really like to find some classic rock or country songs to play. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Acoustic Guitar Songs for Ceremony

• Options
    www.cmt.com or myspace will help you find some if you don't normally listen to it.
  • Options

My FI, ring bearer and flower girl will come in to this acoustic guitar instrumental of "I'm Yours": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4NZSM_BYKE

(we aren't having a wedding party)

I will walk down the aisle to this acoustic guitar instrumental of the traditional bridal march: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh6I7KG7czc&feature=PlayList&p=10B999E7E1559F7A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=18

• Options
    We were thinking of using;;;dont laugh...Adam Sandler I want to grow old with you. My bro in law is a guitarist and it was actually his idea, but if you read the words, it is a lovely song!
  • Options
    I have heard the I'm Yours and it was so nice I loved that accoustically
    wedding countdown
  • Options

Our entire ceremony is going to be done with acoustic guitar and female vocals. We're doing an acoustic version of "Here" by Rascal Flatts for the bridal party, and then "I Remember" by Damien Rice for my walk down the aisle. Then we're using "Here We Stand" by T. Carter Music for the unity candle. I love the whole acoustic sound - I think it's beautiful!

• Options
    I went to a wedding years ago that used "I Want to Grow Old With You" and it was so sweet!  Even the grandparents loved it!
  • Options
    We're using a lot of acoustic guitar...

Prelude:
    Forever by Ben Harper
    Angel by Jack Johnson
    What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong (acoustic guitar version)

Processional:  Give Yourself to Love by Kate Wolf
    Bride Processional:  I Want You by Tom Waits
    Recessional:  Bron Yr Aur by Led Zeppelin
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options

I am having a friend play, Whatever It Is, by Zac Brown Band.
    It alwas reminds me of when we were first dating. We loved that song and still do.

• Options
    My friend got married this summer and she used a DJ that also plays acoustic guitar, so it was an all-in-one deal. She played a country song for the bridesmaids and maid of honour, and then a different country song for herself. 

The cutest part, though, was at the end, during the recessional. She had the guitarist play Adam Sandler's "Grow Old With You", and he sang the lyrics as well. It was very sweet. 

Having the acoustic guitar during the ceremony was a great idea, and one that I'm now going to incorporate into my own wedding. I've been told I like to beat the tune of my own drum, so I have a few songs that I really like, but that the lyrics would be inappropriate for a wedding. My thoughts are that I'll have the guitarist play the instrumental versions of the songs. For the prelude (while guests are being seated) I'd love to play Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. Then, for the processional, I'd like my girls to walk down the aisle to acoustic instrumental Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve Pipe. As much as I'd love to get a string quartet to play it, I have to think cost-effective :) I was thinking I'd either walk out to the same song as the bridesmaids, or have the acoustic guitar version of Crash into Me by Dave Matthews (no lyrics!!!). Now I just have to decide on a song for the recessional!!
  • Options
    Zombie thread, @artbyallie
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads-up. Closing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards