New York-Upstate

Require a Contract?

We picked a great spot for our rehearsal dinner, the food, drinks and prices are perfect! The only "problem" is the owner's style of business is a little informal.He opened the restaurant about a 2 years ago, and he seems more than competent at running his business. They've done lots of events there before, but they don't have a catering menu or standard contract / deposit rules. I'd certainly be more comfortable with everything in writing - should I make up a contract and insist he sign it? Am I stressing over nothing?

Re: Require a Contract?

• edited December 2011
    No I would make up a contract too and make sure that he sign it.  Better safe than sorry, you know? You can download boilerplate contracts on the net.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    I agree completely on signing a contract.  It just takes the stress off of you knowing that the vendor is legally tied to provide the service.  I had a few friends of friend vendors without any contracts.  It all worked out but it probably took a few weeks off of my life due to the stress!
  • edited December 2011
    any real professional uses a contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards