New York-Upstate

Transportation for Guests

Are you providing any free transportation for your guests to and from the ceremony and reception? Our wedding is this November in downtown Buffalo, and we have a large number of guests flying in. We planned it so that everything is walkable. The hotels we booked have free airport shuttles and we're planning to take the free train from St. Louis to Pearl Street. What would you do to provide extra transportation? Rent a shuttle bus? Print out a list of people with cars and their phone numbers for the OOT baskets? I'd appreciate any ideas!

Re: Transportation for Guests

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married next October and my reception is also at pearl street. I am going through the same thought process now, so I'd love to know what you end up doing.  Also, I have seen people suggest talking to the hotels you have rooms booked at to see if they will provide shuttle service for free or a minimal fee.  Just out of curiosity what hotels did you book at with the airport shuttle?
  • edited December 2011
    we are looking in to renting a bus. Go to your local Craigslist and type in the word wedding and select services. Usually people will post under there. We found one shuttle for $350 for the evening. It hold 25 people and has wheelchair access.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback - I'll certainly check with our hotels (Comfort Suites on Main and Holiday Inn on Delaware) to see if they'd offer a cheap shuttle.I should mention that we're paying for everything ourselves, and didn't budget anything for this. Do you think our guests would expect us to provide transportation if the there's free public transit and everything is under a mile walk?
  • edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat.  But, I really don't think it is expected you provide transportation, especially since it is relatively easy to get a cab off of Delaware or Chippewa if people don't want to walk.  I have also considered having cards made up with numbers for taxis to put on the bar at the reception or even in the out of town gift bags (not sure if you are going to do those).  Although, I am more concerned about how people get back from Pearl Street than how they get there....
  • panda&squishypanda&squishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As an OOT guest that flew in, I wouldn't ever expect transportation to be provided. I would rent a car or take a taxi if need be. You could include some taxi numbers in OOT bags if you're doing those.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards