New York-Upstate

Limo Pricing in the Albany area?!

Hi Ladies-Has anyone had a positive experience with a limo service in the Albany area? I was recently given THREE different quotes at the same company within a 2 week time frame. My coworker was given a quote for 50% less than my quote for the same car, same day of the week, same time frame for a 'guy's night out.' What the heck? Help!

Re: Limo Pricing in the Albany area?!

• edited December 2011
    its known that some companys charge more when the word WEDDING is used, just as for flowers. As for limo companies, we used TODAYS limos and were SOOO SOO pleased with our Hummer (huge bridal party). When I made limo calls (about one year ago) I also received DIFFERENT quotes from the same company for the same limo/date/etc it was VERY frustrating and I even started a spreadsheet with the various quotes. I honestly thought that if a company was not consistent in pricing I feared inconsistency in servicve and knocked them off my life. TODAY's was punctual (early) had a 15 or 30 minute free leeway time so if we were running late we didn't get charged. great
  • edited December 2011
    We used premier.  When we booked we were given a price but later saw a promotion advertised.  We called saying we wanted our rate lowered to match the current promotion.  At first they gave us a hard time saying weddings were excluded, but we finally got the deal because the promition didn't advertise any exclusions.  I'd say you best bet is to pick a company and try and negotiate a rate from there.  PS - they were punctual, great service, and the vip gold bus was large enough for all of us to fit comfortably (15wp, 2 photographers)
  • edited December 2011
    It's not quite the Albany area, but we used Kilmer's Limos (in the Glens Falls area - they might go down to Albany.  It would be worth checking).  They were FANTASTIC.  And we got two limos for pretty much the whole day and it cost $1000.  (plus $200 tip).  Pics and review in bio.  We LOVED them.
    My H&F Blog * H&F Badges

imageimageimage

2010 Highlights
    9/26 Adirondack Marathon 5:11:37 (major knee pain, but hey, I finished!)

2011 Races and Results
    5/29 Buffalo Marathon (5:25 - not pretty, just trying not to get heatstroke!)
    9/25 Adirondack Marathon (take 2!)
    One of these days I'll have a good marathon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards