New York-Upstate
Options

Rochester area DJ's

Hi all- I'm looking for referrals for a DJ in the Rochester area.  We want:-a fun outgoing DJ-People dancing all night-No cheesy wedding songs (locomotion/chicken dance etc)-Requests allowed-Somewhat reasonably pricedDoes anyone have/know a DJ that sounds like this???I would apprecaite any help!!

Re: Rochester area DJ's

• Options
    RonCourtRonCourt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Sound Excursions...he is a family friend and has done events for us before. I wouldn't want anyone else on my big day!! He is also very reasonably priced and has been doing it for years.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding was this past Saturday and we used Steve Turner Productions.  Our DJ was Rob and he was amazing.  He was easy to work with and was a lot of fun without taking over on the mic and stuff.  Our dance floor was packed ALL night.  NEVER a dull moment.  The honored all of our requests of what NOT to play and took requests of others as appropriate.  The DJ can really make or break a wedding and while they may not be as reasobably priced as you are looking for, after being to a number of weddings where the DJ broke the wedding, I was not about to take any chances.  A dres will not make or break a wedding, or the hair or the cake or the flowers or the photographer, but the DJ, well that is the central entertainment.  Take it from me, a super recent bride, DO NOT skimp on the entertainment!!!!  I hope this helps and good luck!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Showcase Sounds for our wedding in July and were very pleased! Our guests were telling us how much they loved the music and how they kept the dance floor busy. They are extremely professional, dressed formally and didn't have any of the cheesy banner stuff or advertising.We had access to their online planning system which we LOVED. There we were able to browse their huge music library and make a Must play, try to play and do not play list as well as describe how you imagine the dj playing a part on your big day. It was extremely helpful!They also have a lighting company so we were able to add on neat things like our own custom monogram on the dance floor (which was a nice touch!) :)HTH!
    Lilly & Ryan 7/4/09 --- Lelia Noelle 11/29/10 --- Aerilyn Grace 11/3/12
    imageimageimageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    xtina1221xtina1221 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Whirlin' Disc DJ, I found them at a wedding I went to in May- Jeff was AMAZING!!!!! Dance floor was crowded all night!!! Unforunately he is booked for our wedding but he owns the company and found somebody who will be perfect for us :) It is 650 for 8 hours (I believe).. we booked unlimited for 800 which includes 2 systems since our ceremony is outside.. he will be doing both Outside and Inside
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brian Wright!  We just hired him, and just from the interview alone he made me more excited about my wedding!  I know he is going to do a fantastic job, and he is extremely receptive to your wishes.  He also has a lot of great ideas and is VERY reasonable priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Call SpazmanSpins.

585-402-5093
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards