New York-Upstate
Options

Lake George Area

I live 4 hours away and desperately need some referrals! I thought I was on the ball but the DJ and Photographer I wanted are booked already! Help!! Also, I know it's a random request but would love to have a guitarist for cocktail hour. Any suggestions?

Re: Lake George Area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we used baillyphoto.com and could NOT be happier!! Best decision we ever made! DJ- We used Dave Cannon of Elite Sounds Entertainment. We picked him because we had as little or as MUCH freedom to play what we wanted. I made nearly the whole playlist...it was wonderful! I dont know what your budget it, but we had a bonfire after our reception and had a local lake george favorite play for us. Rich Ortiz is his name and he is AMAZING. Everyone loved him and went and downloaded his album on itunes! lol! Love it! Good Luck! HTH!
  • Options
    kellyjune77kellyjune77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Casey! Thanks for taking the time to post. I hope you see this because I think it's really funny. I was snooping around Dunham's the day you got married!!! hahaha! I live 4 hours away and my mom and I had come up for the bridal show that weekend. I wanted her to see Dunham's since that's where my reception is and when I drove up, you're ceremony was just finishing up on the water. It was gorgeous!! Made me a little depressed that I have to get married in a church. You guys were out back at cocktail hour and Lynn let us snoop around your table set up, which was really different and pretty. Tell me tell me tell me all about Dunham's please?? How did it go??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kelly, I'm a Lake George bride as well.  We're using Matt Ramos as our photographer and we have a band (Good for the Soul) for the reception.  I don't know much about Dunham's but let me know if you have any other Lake George questions.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    DoubleE14DoubleE14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kelly, I am getting married in lake george as well. We are using Andy Pratt as our DJ. He did a friend's wedding in Saratoga a couple of summers ago and was fabulous! Our photographer is Greer Cicarelli Photography. They are a husband/wife duo out of Canada but they do weddings all over the northeast. Both this DJ and photographer have websites if you google them. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used baillyphoto and am VERY happy with the pictures. He and his wife are a team and they both have a great eye for the right pictures. We had Matt do our engagement pictures and loved them so much that we hired him for our wedding too. We got married at Silver Bay so our flowers were done by a florist in Ticonderoga which might be too far to recommend. We did an iPod reception so no DJ, but it worked out great. Sorry I can't help you there either. GL!
  • Options
    kellyjune77kellyjune77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, ladies! I was going a little crazy because I booked the ceremony and reception last May and did research on vendors then but everyone acted like I was being nuts and it was too early so then I did nothing for 5 months. Now, although I thought 10 months was more than enough time, I am scrambling!! and researching, and reresearching... Anyway, I still have to send deposits but I'm thinking Paul Saunders photography and AMS entertainment for DJ. My mom and I really liked the way "good for the soul" sounded online but I didn't even try cause I think most bands are expensive and I need 5-6 hours of music.
  • Options
    MissyCeeMissyCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask the Adirondack Wedding Association to send you information, they have many vendors. I have heard GREAT things about Total Entertainment, I would definitely check them out. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards