New York-Upstate

Need florist in Queensbury/ Saratoga Springs!!

I waited until apparently last minute to find a florist for our September 17 wedding. Does anybody know of any good florists in the Queensbury/ Saratoga Springs area that they can refer me to!?!

Re: Need florist in Queensbury/ Saratoga Springs!!

• edited December 2011
    I am using Murphy's Cottage Crafts on Route 9 in South Glens Falls / Moreau. I loved the feelign I got when I met with them and their prices were really good and I am having my wedding the day before Mother's Day which made the prices go up a litte.
    http://www.themurphyscottagecrafts.com/
    Not the greatest website but the shop is nice and so are the people.

I have also heard Binley's at the intersection of Dix Ave and Quaker Rd in Queensbury is good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
     I ended up going to Binleys today and I think I am going to go through them!! I didn't even realize murphys cottage crafts did flowers for weddings, I always go there to shop for our house but had no idea about flowers!!
    Thanks so much for your help!!
  • edited December 2011
    There are so many wonderful florists in Saratoga. Posie Peddler, Rena's Fine Flowers, and Black Iris are a few of my top picks. Good luck!Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    I would also talk to and meet with Bobbie @Meme's Florist located in Corinth NY. She has been the head designer and manager there for 15 years and recently pruchased rthe business. Bobbie has designed all sorts of weddings and corporate events from Albany to Vermont. 

Her designs are always beautiful and range from the classic to the exotic and her consultations are free.  She stays within your budget and always makes sure things are perfect. 

• NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_need-florist-queensbury-saratoga-springs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:124Discussion:1662bb98-8c9b-4124-b232-c382d521e297Post:7d14b685-7860-4b98-8948-007533a0c331">Re: Need florist in Queensbury/ Saratoga Springs!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would also talk to and meet with Bobbie @Meme's Florist located in Corinth NY. She has been the head designer and manager there for 15 years and recently pruchased rthe business. Bobbie has designed all sorts of weddings and corporate events from Albany to Vermont.  Her designs are always beautiful and range from the classic to the exotic and her consultations are free.  She stays within your budget and always makes sure things are perfect.  <a href="http://www.memesflorist.com" rel='nofollow'>www.memesflorist.com</a>
    Posted by pbakken[/QUOTE]

That absolutely wasn't my experience with Meme's.  She was great to deal with over email, but on the day of, she gave us exactly what we didn't ask for, violated our contract, and gave us no money.  her flowers were the wrong colour, substituted out for flowers that didn't even match in colour let alone style, and were half wilted and dead.  When we called her to complain the day after the wedding, she interrupted us on the phone, insulted my husband and I, and swore.  Then she said that we shouldn't have waited until the next day to complain, and that--instead--we should have taken the time out of our wedding day to tell her exactly what she should have done in the first place.  Steer clear of this one. 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards